Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fnd.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Don Limuti: on 3/30/17 at 21:57pm UTC, wrote Dear Durga, Some of the best essays are not getting any attention. Yours...

Bayarsaikhan Choisuren: on 3/23/17 at 7:57am UTC, wrote Dear Durgadas Datta, We also know that none of the particles known to...

David Pinyana: on 3/21/17 at 22:27pm UTC, wrote Most of the unsolved questions are solved in my essay: THE SCALES...

David Pinyana: on 3/21/17 at 22:24pm UTC, wrote Scale Factor is the future to develop in Cosmology ! It open new...

David Pinyana: on 3/21/17 at 22:19pm UTC, wrote Durca, My opinion is that Dark Matter doesn´t exist at all... or at least...

Bayarsaikhan Choisuren: on 3/17/17 at 13:26pm UTC, wrote Dear Durgadas Datta, I like these questions you asked that Can we say...

Dizhechko Semyonovich: on 3/12/17 at 21:57pm UTC, wrote Dear ДУРГА дас ДАТТА! I invite you to familiarize yourself...

Bishal Banjara: on 3/10/17 at 8:45am UTC, wrote Dear Durga, The core aim of your essay deserve the Reformation of MOND...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

mono joli: "thanks a lot for such a great topic. Scary Maze Games Basketball Legends..." in The Race to Replace the...

Joe Fisher: "Dear Dr. Brendan Foster, Of course: “We Are All Connected .” My..." in We Are All Connected

Caroline v: "Thanks for informing us about FQXi-sponsored workshop which aim was to..." in Schrödinger’s Cat...

Caroline v: "thanks" in Schrödinger’s Cat...

Yelena Hopper: "Training is the way toward encouraging learning, or the procurement of..." in Wandering Towards a Goal:...

Yelena Hopper: "This article is such a pleasant and intriguing one, I'm exceptionally happy..." in We Are All Connected

Yelena Hopper: "Pushing the points of confinement of hypothesis and creative energy in..." in Review of “A Big Bang...

George Manner: "This is very interesting thing to know about Comment on hand" in Multiversal Journeys'...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Our Place in the Multiverse
Calculating the odds that intelligent observers arise in parallel universes—and working out what they might see.

Sounding the Drums to Listen for Gravity’s Effect on Quantum Phenomena
A bench-top experiment could test the notion that gravity breaks delicate quantum superpositions.

Watching the Observers
Accounting for quantum fuzziness could help us measure space and time—and the cosmos—more accurately.

Bohemian Reality: Searching for a Quantum Connection to Consciousness
Is there are sweet spot where artificial intelligence systems could have the maximum amount of consciousness while retaining powerful quantum properties?

Quantum Replicants: Should future androids dream of quantum sheep?
To build the ultimate artificial mimics of real life systems, we may need to use quantum memory.

FQXi FORUM
October 17, 2017

CATEGORY: Wandering Towards a Goal Essay Contest (2016-2017) [back]
TOPIC: New physics for a new goal, by DURGA DAS DATTA. [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author DURGA DAS DATTA. wrote on Jan. 27, 2017 @ 17:03 GMT
Essay Abstract

Emergent gravity mechanism with fermion graviton and boson graviton will give us insight into a new physics ,

Author Bio

Director of Gnan systems LLP,

Download Essay PDF File

Joe Fisher wrote on Jan. 30, 2017 @ 17:29 GMT
Dear Director Datta,

Please excuse me for I do not wish to be too critical of your fine essay.

Only nature could produce a reality so simple, a single cell amoeba could deal with it.

One real visible Universe must have only one reality. Simple natural reality has nothing to do with any abstract complex musings about imaginary invisible gravitational forces.

The real Universe must consist only of one unified visible infinite physical surface occurring in one infinite dimension, that am always illuminated by infinite non-surface light.

A more detailed explanation of natural reality can be found in my essay, SCORE ONE FOR SIMPLICITY. I do hope that you will read my essay and comment on its merit.

Joe Fisher, Realist

report post as inappropriate

Harry Hamlin Ricker III wrote on Jan. 31, 2017 @ 14:42 GMT
Hi, I was unable to discern how this essay had any relation to the topic of the essay contest.

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Feb. 7, 2017 @ 14:46 GMT
Dear Datta,

Very nice Essay sir, many present day unsolved questions were asked in your short essay. After reading your essay, I felt, you are also looking for a solution.

If you don’t mind, I want to tell you that the dark energy, dark matter and black holes are not required in Dynamic Universe Model. I want to tell you a bit about this new model of cosmology……

This...

view entire post

David Pinyana replied on Mar. 21, 2017 @ 22:27 GMT
Most of the unsolved questions are solved in my essay: THE SCALES LANDSCAPES OF THE UNIVERSE" !

Here you have a framework to develop and that will be the future of Cosmology the next 100 years !

Peter Jackson wrote on Feb. 24, 2017 @ 09:36 GMT
Durga,

Your start point and other propositions are good; with only 5% 'matter' we should be far more serious about 'the rest'. It's also and interesting as the first proposition I've seen with 'two kinds' of gravity or 'gravitons'. We know that fermions (mainly in space plasma) have a small gravitational potential and are indeed finding far higher densities than old assumptions suggested.

As an astronomer I can say you're certainly correct about galaxies effectively rotation 'as a super fluid disk'. Even Sci-Am has pointed this out (being 'in lockstep') but too much theory and theorization fails to recognise or account for this key fact.

I also agree a cosmic recycling 'big bounce' model at more than one scale (producing a temporal galaxy evolution sequence too) and have published a paper describing it.

The essay seems like a good 'first effort' but needed rather more organization and development, which you may see done well in some others. It also needed to be related a little more to the topic. It was however original and interesting and I shall be applying more than the 1's it has so far.

I hope you'll read some of the others. Indeed preferably read and score mine of course, which I hope you'll find makes simple sense of presently confused and nonsensical theory. Certainly some quite new physics and thinking is needed!

Good effort.

Peter

David Pinyana replied on Mar. 21, 2017 @ 22:24 GMT
Scale Factor is the future to develop in Cosmology !

It open new approaches and options to develop !

Bishal Banjara wrote on Mar. 10, 2017 @ 08:45 GMT
Dear Durga,

The core aim of your essay deserve the Reformation of MOND that may be any way as described in your essay...but I think such MOND is 100% of essence within classical context besides the way of quantum or relativistic approach...and what is all about my essay deals with...please read once-'Newtonian Dynamics:An explicit diversion from reality'... I have seen the questions you raised in your essay may have optimum solutions from the view at root level.

Best regards from Nepal

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich wrote on Mar. 12, 2017 @ 21:57 GMT
Dear ДУРГА дас ДАТТА!

I invite you to familiarize yourself with New Cartesian Physic

I appreciate your essay. You spent a lot of effort to write it.

If you believed in the principle of identity of space and matter of Descartes, then your essay would be even better.

I wish to see your criticism on the New Cartesian Physic, the founder of which I call myself.

The concept of moving space-matter helped me:

- The uncertainty principle Heisenberg to make the principle of definiteness of points of space-matter;

- Open the law of the constancy of the flow of forces through a closed surface is the sphere of space-matter;

- Open the law of universal attraction of Lorentz;

- Give the formula for the pressure of the Universe;

- To give a definition of gravitational mass as the flow vector of the centrifugal acceleration across the surface of the corpuscles, etc.

New Cartesian Physic has great potential in understanding the world. To show this potential in his essay I gave The way of The materialist explanation of the paranormal and the supernatural . Visit my essay and you will find something in it about New Cartesian Physic. Note my statement that our brain creates an image of the outside world no inside, and in external space. Hope you rate my essay as high as I am yours. I am waiting your post.

Sincerely,

Dizhechko Boris

Bayarsaikhan Bayarsaikhan Choisuren wrote on Mar. 17, 2017 @ 13:26 GMT
Dear Durgadas Datta,

I like these questions you asked that

Can we say that dark energy is having direct link with gravity mechanism?

Do we have to revise atomic model without strong force?

Then can we prove that all remaining three forces are electromagnetic due to mono magnetic coupling in dark energy gravitons?

How all the molecular couplings are same to cause equal fall of Galileo or equal number of molecules from Avogadro.

Is equivalence principle is local phenomena or universal?

Any correction required in number of quarks due to revision in standard model without strong force?

However you are explaining the gravity mechanism by a way of the hypothetical particle of graviton, your idea is somewhat similar to my idea.

I invite you to read my essay “A SPACE-TIME AS A PERFECT FLUID SINK FLOW” at the site of essay contest of FQXi, when you have a free time.

Ch.Bayarsaikhan

David Pinyana wrote on Mar. 21, 2017 @ 22:19 GMT
Durca,

My opinion is that Dark Matter doesn´t exist at all... or at least i is not so much as 25% of our universe.

Scale Factor will explain in the future all these problems due to new interactions for higher scales (> 10 e+20 m) and smaller scales (< 10 e - 20 m).

We should understand better the different scale landscapes emergent concepts and laws...we (huaman) are not in the middle !!!

Bayarsaikhan Bayarsaikhan Choisuren wrote on Mar. 23, 2017 @ 07:57 GMT
Dear Durgadas Datta,

We also know that none of the particles known to exist can be the dark matter particle. So it has to be a new particle of nature.

Remarkably, our most conservative hypothesis right now is that the dark matter is a new form of matter.

I like the questions that

Are we sure that there are six quarks downloaded from standard model?

Are we sure Higgs Boson derivation is correct from standard model?

I agree with your ideas that

Is it possible that our universe is electric with dark energy non isotropic field density soup of mono magnetic gravitons and anti gravitons swirling and whirling in galactic rotation revising Newton as..F=P.G.M.m/R.R where P is permeability factor of non-isotropic dark energy we also call ether.

So ether is mono magnetic non isotropic electrical where light is electromagnetic wave transmission and gravity is mono magnetic coupling of graviton component on matter molecular coupling causing equal fall of all molecules known to Galileo or equal molecules in Avogadro’s law when temp and pressure are same for the gases.

Now we have to find out these couplings from 100 TEV. LHC experiments to revise standard model for further research and to establish my ideas.

And also I have found the site that http://astronomy.net/ where supposed to be your articles.

Is it right?

Actually, I appreciate your idea on the dark matter, etc.

I would like to read more other your articles.

I wish you the best success,

Ch.Bayarsaikhan

Don Limuti wrote on Mar. 30, 2017 @ 21:57 GMT
Dear Durga,

Some of the best essays are not getting any attention. Yours is one of them.

Please let me comment on some points you made:

1. Something is there like ether doing all these acts but whether isotropic throughout universe or what connection it may have with

gravity. YES, it is gravity caused by gravitons (with a new definition), and they are not isotropic!

2. New cosmology observations found dark pull and dark flow as if something is pulling from outside our universe. AS IF is correct, it is just normal gravity.... non-isotropic graviton mass accumulates on the periphery..pulling the inside out.

3. Are we sure that quantum physics is a calculus game? Calculus, is OK for some calculations, but not quantum mechanical ones!

4. Is it possible that our universe is electric with dark energy non isotropic field density soup. Yes, that is a good way of saying it!

5. This is a FERMION graviton having mass and qualifies for a candidate as a dark matter in itself. As such gravitons are dark matter in itself. YES, Yes, and yes! You may use the concept Fermion, I prefer to say the graviton is a Compton Wavelength....a very long one!

6. We can imagine the galaxies are rotating as a super fluid disk so that the gravitons are getting more and more dense from center of galaxy due to centrifuging action. Yes! although it is simpler than a super-fluid.

How did you ask these questions? and How did I answer them? It is noted that discoveries in physics converge from different points of views at once. Why? I do not know. But to see where I am coming from, and why I am so sure, see two papers:

http://prespacetime.com/index.php/pst/article/view/11
88/1163

http://prespacetime.com/index.php/pst/article/view/11
01/1089

This work is not complete (It never is), It is waiting for you to add your insights!

Thanks for your insightful essay, and yes I have a big ego.

Don Limuti

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.