Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Current Essay Contest

Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fnd.

Previous Contests

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Peter Jackson: on 4/5/17 at 10:41am UTC, wrote Francis, I hope you're recovering. Thanks for your comments on my string....

Peter Jackson: on 4/3/17 at 19:16pm UTC, wrote Francis, Thanks for your comments on my string. It seems high numbers of...

Francis Moore: on 4/3/17 at 17:16pm UTC, wrote Received your email, no letter content describing your address. I will try...

Francis Moore: on 4/3/17 at 17:11pm UTC, wrote MY longer paper which gives the larger connections theory Is available if...

Jonathan Dickau: on 3/31/17 at 5:38am UTC, wrote I hope you got my e-mail.. JJD

Peter Jackson: on 3/28/17 at 14:16pm UTC, wrote Francis, I found that a fascinating description and derivation, but...

Francis Moore: on 3/25/17 at 0:26am UTC, wrote Gupta, What is the basis of dynamic motion in terms of energy; ...

Dizhechko Semyonovich: on 3/23/17 at 11:36am UTC, wrote Dear Francis Duane Moore! I forgot to supply you with an estimate. Leaving...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

kurt stocklmeir: "spring constant of time and space is not linear - this influences a lot of..." in Alternative Models of...

Joe Fisher: "Dear Steve, The Universe cannot possibly be “finite.” Human abstract..." in Watching the Observers

Kevin Adams: "Very interesting theme! Thanks a lot for this information. I just going to..." in Multiversal Journeys —...

Steve Agnew: "The universe is finite and not infinite. The notion of infinity or..." in Watching the Observers

Colin Richardson: ""According to quantum mechanics, a vacuum isn't empty at all. It's actually..." in Manipulating the Quantum...

Lorraine Ford: "Dear Rajiv, I have already addressed your 3 points, but I will put it to..." in FQXi Essay Contest 2016:...

Peter Morgan: "An e-mail sent to me by Springer Nature today tells me that because I am at..." in Manipulating the Quantum...

munized ward: "Variety exists inside all populaces of life forms. This happens somewhat in..." in Natural Selection in...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Watching the Observers
Accounting for quantum fuzziness could help us measure space and time—and the cosmos—more accurately.

Bohemian Reality: Searching for a Quantum Connection to Consciousness
Is there are sweet spot where artificial intelligence systems could have the maximum amount of consciousness while retaining powerful quantum properties?

Quantum Replicants: Should future androids dream of quantum sheep?
To build the ultimate artificial mimics of real life systems, we may need to use quantum memory.

Painting a QBist Picture of Reality
A radical interpretation of physics makes quantum theory more personal.

The Spacetime Revolutionary
Carlo Rovelli describes how black holes may transition to "white holes," according to loop quantum gravity, a radical rewrite of fundamental physics.

FQXi FORUM
June 24, 2017

CATEGORY: Wandering Towards a Goal Essay Contest (2016-2017) [back]
TOPIC: Proton Three Plane Immersion Connection Theory by Francis Duane Moore [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Francis Duane Moore wrote on Jan. 18, 2017 @ 21:44 GMT
Essay Abstract

Topological integration of electric and magnetic fields in geometry of three plane immersion, quark charge distribution reduced to become a gradient density operator in units of 1/54, electromagnetic field as a connection of two systems shown not conserved by doubling in one direction and quartering in the opposite arrow of time. The A and B fields are described by nine ordered states each having its own local symmetry, Energy described in the magnetic field and electric field as moving charge throughout the nine symmetry groups,scalar potentials have an empirical constant of 1/54, permeability and permititivity function are variables of the number 54,Immersion geometry provides for three connected connected coordinate systems of (x,y,z), relativistic expansion and contraction is allowed by connections increasing and decreasing energy values Spin left and right are shown to be same entity charge +/-,

Author Bio

Francis D. Moore retired from the practice of Dentistry at the age of 64 and began developing his scientific interests through reading. As a dentist, Dr. Moore specialized in making dentures and that experience gave him the ability to think 3-dimensionally which is crucial to his theory.

It is Dr. Moore’s desire that others may be able to better parameterize TPICT or even falsify and disprove his idea as a way forward in this area of research.

Conferred degrees: B. A., University of Oklahoma, 1966

D.D. S, University of Missouri, Kansas City School of Dentistry, 1970

Download Essay PDF File

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Feb. 12, 2017 @ 00:18 GMT
Very nice and compact essay Mr Moore,

Really a thought a provoking Essay. I got small doubt, I request you to please help me to clear it……

You said in page 3….”The Levi=Civita 3 permutation function expanded to 27 could describe the mathematical formalism. Three representations of ( xyz) are given.

A vector operator of divergence, curl and gradient could be developed to four equations in each of the nine horizontal groups. A continuity equation with a changing time derivative from group to group makes the system conformably smooth and globally defined. Thirty- six partial differential equations result when permeability and permittivity functions are variables of the number 54. Each horizontal group could then be defined by 4 Maxwell type equations in their own local time. “….

When there are many (Like you said 36 or 54 as in above) partial differential equations to describe a physical entity, there will many numerous solutions, probably one solution is the real equation that describe the situation….. In general such solutions will have some undefined areas may be singularities… What do you sir?

report post as inappropriate

Author Francis Duane Moore wrote on Feb. 13, 2017 @ 22:35 GMT
Thanks Mr Gupta for your comment. I have tried to describe 3 (xyz) as nine planes of influence in a relativistic approximation.. xyz., xyz primed and xyz double primed, giving 27 representations in one direction and 27 representations in the opposite direction. You are correct in that many second order partial differential equations could be shown but since the upper and lower limits are defined by a topology, singularities may be eliminated. I have a longer paper giving more clarity, but was unable to upload because of a failure to send. I could send to you if you send your email. Thanks Francis Duane Moore

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta replied on Mar. 18, 2017 @ 09:58 GMT
Dear Moore,

I am sorry I did not see your reply till today.

My Id is

snp.gupta@gmail.com

and by the way...

I want you to ask you to please have a look at my essay, where ……………reproduction of Galaxies in the Universe is described. Dynamic Universe Model is another mathematical model for Universe. Its mathematics show that the movement of masses will be...

view entire post

Author Francis Duane Moore replied on Mar. 25, 2017 @ 00:26 GMT
Gupta, What is the basis of dynamic motion in terms of energy; Gravitation, electric field, magnetic field, How do masses appear and disappear, How is change in velocity accomplished?

Thanks Francis

Jeff Yee wrote on Feb. 18, 2017 @ 05:01 GMT
Francis,

Admittedly I didn't follow all the steps in the paper that arrive at the conclusion, but I think there's a golden nugget in your concluding paragraph. I'm curious to understand it more - specifically the "1/4" in the conservation of energy to gravity. Is that 1/4th of the energy difference (between the electrostatic field and gravitational field)?

A colleague and I have been working on gravity, with the same hypothesis that is your conclusion. Our work also states that electric energy is converted to magnetism, but the missing electric energy becomes the force known as gravity. But the reason I'm curious about your "1/4" is because the energy level difference between electromagnetism and gravity is huge (on the order of 10^-43 when comparing the forces).

Our work on gravity is not published yet (although I'm happy to share it with you offline), but in the meantime, you can see an example of some recent work. I just joined this community a few days ago after learning about this contest. The entry is here:

The Relation of Particles Numbers to Atomic Numbers

Regards,

Jeff

Author Francis Duane Moore replied on Feb. 19, 2017 @ 22:22 GMT
Hi Jeff; The gravitational force is underestimated in the quantum field of electromagnetism. When energy is transferred from the electric field to the magnetic field 1/4 of the energy is not transferred and vice versa. one fourth of the connections as energy is not transferred. one fourth of the electromagnetic field is not conserved and is proposed to be the gravitational potential in the magnetostatic representation and gravitational force in the electrostatic potential.

Thanks for your comment. The essay was taken from an unpublished work tooo long for the requirements of FQXI,I could share it with you. email me fdmooredds@cox.net

Jonathan J. Dickau wrote on Mar. 7, 2017 @ 18:49 GMT
An interesting use of Boy's surface!

Quite impressive really, for all its simplicity and brevity. But one would expect to find many such examples in nature, if my essay premise holds water, as all mathematical objects should find expression in its handiwork. So your idea bears closer inspection, at least. Too few have contemplated what the inherent shape of a sub-atomic particle might be, so it is a useful exercise if nothing else.

It would have been really nice to see a rendering of Boy's object, so people could have a visual reference of what you propose the shape of the proton to be. Even if that is only the starting point of your musings, and the calculations display the meat of your argument, it would illustrate that you are working from geometry. I think a similar 3x3x3 arrangement in some theories involving the octonions, as well. But you give us something interesting to chew on.

All the Best,

Jonathan

Author Francis Duane Moore replied on Mar. 9, 2017 @ 21:38 GMT
Thanks Jonathan for your comment. I have a previous paper which shows diagrams of the connection processes, but was too large for the essay contest. The manuscript was actively considered at Physics Essays between 2010 through 2o15. MY email address is fdmooredds@cox.net, I could send the paper to you. It is some 12 pages. This geometry may be a way forward in QFT. All of magnetic and electric fields as lines described in the historical context have reconnection processes. I have given the field line approach a step forward by describing magnetic reconnection. If a static representation of a magnetic field or an electric field each have the same energy then some field lines disappear, when energy is transferred. One fourth of the energy becomes gravitation. Thanks again, I will read your ideas , Francis

according to my theory of field line representation. This loss of energy of connections is given

Jonathan J. Dickau replied on Mar. 17, 2017 @ 01:32 GMT
I appreciate the offer to connect..

I would be happy to receive your preprint and I'll follow up offline.

All the Best,

Jonathan

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich wrote on Mar. 14, 2017 @ 04:33 GMT
Dear Francis Duane Moore!

Perhaps the transition of electric field in gravitational field is such as you describe. The main thing is that it exists. I appreciate your essay. You spent a lot of effort to write it. If you believed in the principle of identity of space and matter of Descartes, then your essay would be even better. There is not movable a geometric space, and is movable physical space. These are different concepts.

I invite you to familiarize yourself with New Cartesian Physic

I wish to see your criticism on the New Cartesian Physic, the founder of which I call myself.

The concept of moving space-matter helped me: The uncertainty principle Heisenberg to make the principle of definiteness of points of space-matter; Open the law of the constancy of the flow of forces through a closed surface is the sphere of space-matter; Open the law of universal attraction of Lorentz; Give the formula for the pressure of the Universe; To give a definition of gravitational mass as the flow vector of the centrifugal acceleration across the surface of the corpuscles, etc.

New Cartesian Physic has great potential in understanding the world. To show this potential in essay I risked give «The way of The materialist explanation of the paranormal and the supernatural” - Is the name of my essay.

Visit my essay and you will find something in it about New Cartesian Physic. Note my statement that our brain creates an image of the outside world no inside, and in external space.

Do not let New Cartesian Physic get away into obscurity! I am waiting your post.

Sincerely,

Dizhechko Boris

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich replied on Mar. 23, 2017 @ 11:36 GMT
Dear Francis Duane Moore! I forgot to supply you with an estimate. Leaving the post in my topic, you also forgot to do it. I give you the highest rating and hope you will invest your contribution to the solution of problems New Cartesian Physic – tight packaging space.

I wish you success!

Dizhechko Boris

Peter Jackson wrote on Mar. 28, 2017 @ 14:16 GMT
Francis,

I found that a fascinating description and derivation, but despite also having good dynamic and 3D intuition and visualization I haven't yet penetrated it's implications and meaning. I have a classical/physical dynamic derivation of a mobius strip, but in this years essay I extend 2014's and last years to derive QM's predictions classically from the 3 axes of a rotating sphere. Your work looks excellent and MUST have more connections than I can see so far. I rather thought the 3D dynamics in own were too complicated for most (which they seem to be) but everything is relative!

I had assigned gravity to higher order (sub-matter) spin states maintaining a 'density' gradient where compressed to the macro states of matter, But intuitively feel now that its somehow equivalent to the 'inertia' of absorption and re-emission what transforming angular momentum from one axis to the orthogonal (see my essay). I hope you might read mine, and might find more in common (after the parts explaining why even if we do find important answers embedded doctrine will reject them!).

Very well done for what I suspect is important work. It's only a shame for me it wasn't not a little longer to allow more synaptic connections. I see the links you posted and intend to follow them up after the contest.

If you get the chance do please let me know first if you understand mine and second if you can help me see further.

best wishes

Peter

Author Francis Duane Moore replied on Apr. 3, 2017 @ 17:11 GMT
MY longer paper which gives the larger connections theory Is available if you email me at fdmooredds@cox.net Thanks for the comment. I am presently studying your ideas. Thanks again Peter, Sincerely Francis

The meaning in particle language is a sector of the connections would represent any sub atomic energy form.

Peter Jackson replied on Apr. 3, 2017 @ 19:16 GMT
Francis,

Thanks for your comments on my string. It seems high numbers of posts have no more influence than good writing, important new science or high Community score placings on the judging (having finished top and 2nd to no avail).

I do need to penetrate you theory more deeply as I see a number of 'synaptic' connections so will email as suggested, (but may not read it until after the essay reading).

Thanks again

Peter

Peter Jackson replied on Apr. 5, 2017 @ 10:41 GMT
Francis,

I hope you're recovering. Thanks for your comments on my string. I've responded there. With regards to that it reminded me how much originality should be valued in terms of advancing understanding, a quality in which yours is rich (and I hope mine too despite me invoking so much current evidence). I'll score your essay now as time is running out.

Very best

Peter

Jonathan J. Dickau wrote on Mar. 31, 2017 @ 05:38 GMT
I hope you got my e-mail..

JJD

Author Francis Duane Moore replied on Apr. 3, 2017 @ 17:16 GMT
Received your email, no letter content describing your address. I will try return thread after recovery from illness.

Thanks Francis

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.