Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Current Essay Contest

Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fnd.

Previous Contests

What Is “Fundamental”
October 28, 2017 to January 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Fetzer Franklin Fund and The Peter & Patricia Gruber Foundation
read/discuss

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fnd.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Jose Koshy: on 4/9/17 at 11:24am UTC, wrote George Kirakosyan, Thank you for the comment. My approach is classical...

Jose Koshy: on 4/8/17 at 14:49pm UTC, wrote Peter Jackson, The present accepted models are the best available, even...

George Kirakosyan: on 4/6/17 at 8:41am UTC, wrote Hi dear Jose Your essay is very impressive by realistic approaches to...

Peter Jackson: on 4/4/17 at 14:42pm UTC, wrote Jose, Very interesting, if a little speculative in areas. I agree some...

Jose Koshy: on 4/4/17 at 9:56am UTC, wrote Vladimir, Thank you for the comments. I have tried to answer the question...

Vladimir Fedorov: on 4/4/17 at 7:15am UTC, wrote Dear Jose, With great interest I read your essay, which of course is...

David Pinyana: on 3/27/17 at 22:52pm UTC, wrote Interesting essay proposing similar self-realization and emergence of...

Jose Koshy: on 3/22/17 at 11:02am UTC, wrote James Arnold, Thank you for the comments. I have been a little busy and I...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Georgina Woodward: "John, I reported your post as inappropriate as it is mostly irrelevant to..." in What Is...

Scott Gordon: "This article states,"Carroll believes the misfit between the two theories..." in In Search of a Quantum...

thuy lien: "Your article completely convinced me. Thank you for sharing. vampyrgame ..." in Agency in the Physical...

thuy lien: "Thanks for sharing, very useful information. You can visit my site for more..." in What Is...

thuy lien: "VAMPYR: You can feed on literally anyone in the game VAMPYR was revealed..." in Collapsing Physics: Q&A...

Nishant Gaurav: "Want to get free playstation plus codes, Yes now these psn plus codes are..." in Jacob Bekenstein...

Nishant Gaurav: "The best to win among hustle for online live gaming platform, is online..." in Quantum Replicants:...

Nishant Gaurav: "When it come to paypal user look for various information and also look for..." in Retrocausality,...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

The Complexity Conundrum
Resolving the black hole firewall paradox—by calculating what a real astronaut would compute at the black hole's edge.

Quantum Dream Time
Defining a ‘quantum clock’ and a 'quantum ruler' could help those attempting to unify physics—and solve the mystery of vanishing time.

Our Place in the Multiverse
Calculating the odds that intelligent observers arise in parallel universes—and working out what they might see.

Sounding the Drums to Listen for Gravity’s Effect on Quantum Phenomena
A bench-top experiment could test the notion that gravity breaks delicate quantum superpositions.

Watching the Observers
Accounting for quantum fuzziness could help us measure space and time—and the cosmos—more accurately.

FQXi FORUM
December 14, 2017

CATEGORY: Wandering Towards a Goal Essay Contest (2016-2017) [back]
TOPIC: An indestructible Cosmos striving to attain self-realization by Jose P. Koshy [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Jose P. Koshy wrote on Jan. 10, 2017 @ 21:51 GMT
Essay Abstract

The seeds of freewill, intelligence and life remain embedded in matter. Under certain conditions, some physical structures attain these emergent properties. Freewill allows goal-oriented action; freewill combined with intelligence allows self-realization. The structure of the cosmos is indestructible. It exerts a strong top-down control and allows only certain actions. Any action has to follow the laws of mathematics (there are no physical laws). Thus at any given time, there is a 'set of allowed actions', and structures having freewill have to select actions from the 'allowed set'. The Cosmos is programmed to attain the goal of self-realization. All physical structures including living organisms are manifestations inside the Cosmos, and cannot exist outside. The Cosmos allows the maximum possible freewill and intelligence to beings like us and thus attains self-realization through us.

Author Bio

Doing research in theoretical physics. Based on an entirely new hypothesis “Motion at speed 'c' is a fundamental property of matter”, I have arrived at a “Theory of Everything”. The theory predicts a “pulsating universe” which exists forever. This is for the first time in the history of modern physics that a “complete Theory of everything” is proposed; till this time, there have been only incomplete “would-be theories”. Being independent of institutions, my papers are kept in the alternate repository vixra.org. More information regarding my theory is available there and also in my site finitenesstheory.com

Download Essay PDF File

Joe Fisher wrote on Jan. 15, 2017 @ 15:49 GMT
Dear Koshy,

Every real thing has a real surface. This real surface did not emerge from anywhere.

One real Universe must have only one reality. As I have thoughtfully pointed out in my brilliant essay, SCORE ONE FOR SIMPLICITY, the real Universe consists only of one unified visible infinite surface occurring in one infinite dimension, that am always illuminated by infinite non-surface light. Reality am not as complicated as theories of reality are.

Joe Fisher, Realist

report post as inappropriate

Author Jose P. Koshy wrote on Jan. 21, 2017 @ 04:15 GMT
Dear Joy the Realist,

I do agree with you that the world is 'real' and it should be explained as 'simple' as possible. The explanation (story) should start from some assumptions and end explaining everything that the initial assumptions are validated. Can you please tell me where you start from and where you end?

Newton started his story with 5 ingredients: Space, time, matter, motion, energy and force. I call these ingredients because we can know how Newton views these only after the commencement of the story-line. And, we all now know his story-line very well. However, Newton did not complete his story.

I follow Newtonian concepts with some modifications. That is, the story starts with the same 5 ingredients, but the story line slightly differs. Newton connects mass and gravity to matter, but leaves motion, energy and 'force in general' as something imposed on matter. Here, I propose the correction that motion at speed 'c' is a property of matter just like mass, and that energy is motion and force is reaction to motion. Thus in my story, I connect mass, motion, energy and force directly to matter.

Based on the above story-line I have completed the story. The story ends with an indestructible Cosmos, the structure of which remains pulsating. I claim that most of the 'observed facts' can be explained based on this story, and the rest will be explainable, and so it can be regarded as a physical 'theory of everything'.

Jose P Koshy

Author Jose P. Koshy replied on Jan. 21, 2017 @ 04:23 GMT
Dear Joy,

Please read '5 ingredients' as '6 ingredients'. It was just an error.

Jose P Koshy

Stefan Weckbach wrote on Jan. 24, 2017 @ 13:02 GMT
Dear Jose P. Koshy,

you state that the mathematical laws make the physical world deterministic. Also you state that in this world there is something like a selection action possible among a few different options. I identify this possible selection action with some observer like me, having the choice to leave a comment on your essay page or not.

How can this choice come about at all...

view entire post

Author Jose P. Koshy wrote on Jan. 24, 2017 @ 18:41 GMT
Stefan Weckbach,

Thank you for conveying your opinion regarding my essay.

With the given properties of the bodies, mathematical laws allow only a 'set of actions'. Each action in the set is deterministic. Number of actions possible depends on the number of bodies (each having different properties). Even if all possible actions happen, the end result will not be that much varied,...

view entire post

Stefan Weckbach replied on Jan. 24, 2017 @ 20:34 GMT
Dear Jose, thanks for your anwer. If mathematics does not decide the fundamental properties of matter, what then does? Matter is not a given Ur-stuff, but according to our best theories we have, matter itself emerged from some deeper reality at the point of the big bang. If the properties of matter came about randomly at the point of the big bang, then the cosmos cannot be overall deterministic and governed exclusively always only by the same set of mathematical rules.

You seem to suggest that this set of mathematics is a brute fact without further explanation, together with the known properties of matter being also a brute fact. I would not a priori exclude this to meet reality. But until now, i also cannot see why this view of things should necessarily meet reality other than reassuring it by the brute fact of existent intelligent life which assumes that the Cosmos is programmed to attain the goal of self-realization. If the cosmos was not created some time in the past due to some initial goal to fulfill, what does it then mean that it is 'programmed' to attain the goal of self-realization? Programming something means to choose from a large variety of possibilities whereby each possibility would lead to a different result. Otherwise there would be no need for programming something.

Anonymous replied on Jan. 25, 2017 @ 10:36 GMT
Stefan Weckbach,

Any explanation of the physical world starts from some arbitrary assumptions. If everything can be explained based on those, then the assumption is justified. If matter emerged from a 'deeper reality', then the deeper reality is arbitrary. This arbitrariness regarding the basic can never be removed. We can only reduce the arbitrariness to the minimum.

The so-called...

view entire post

Stefan Weckbach replied on Jan. 25, 2017 @ 13:37 GMT
Dear Jose, thanks again for the answer. I agree with you about basic assumptions necessary to come to a conclusion. But i do not agree that mathematical laws and properties of matter, if they are indeed unchangeable and work like a deterministic clockwork, can enable living creatures to have some kind of free will. The mathematical laws together with the properties of matter alone do then define what happens next and free will would be just an illusion. So i don’t agree with you that you have explained how free will can come into play for the course of events in a cosmos that is already sucessfully determined by mathematics and the properties of matter.

Gary D. Simpson wrote on Jan. 26, 2017 @ 03:54 GMT
Jose,

Thanks for an interesting read.

You seem to imply that the Thermodynamic Law of Entropy is the result of the expansion of the universe. I have sometimes thought this myself. You also seem willing to abandon the "arrow of time". If so, you might find my essay to be of interest.

I am not clear as to why there are emergent properties and why time and a large scale causes them to be. This seems to be a shared line of thinking presented in several of this batch of essays, but it is not clear to me why it should be the case.

I was not aware of the factor of 20 increase in velocity that you mention regarding velocity for each of the cosmic structures. That does place an upper limit on the structures that are available. I definitely agree that "free will" and choice are only meaningful concepts if there are more than a few available options. Therefore, your emphasis upon medium sized structures is correct I think.

Best Regards and Good Luck,

Gary Simpson

Author Jose P. Koshy replied on Jan. 26, 2017 @ 05:21 GMT
Gary Simpson,

From what you have stated, I think you have carefully gone through my essay, not just a glance. Thank you for the effort taken.

Regarding abandoning the arrow of time, I will go through your essay. It may take a few days. Anyway, in my opinion, time moves forward, but some sets of events happen again and again.

We do not know why matter (if we start from matter) has the basic properties; these are just arbitrary; but the emergent properties can be traced to the basic properties. If you consider matter also as something emerged, then emergent properties are not explainable. Starting from arbitrary assumptions is better than introducing arbitrary assumptions later; so in my opinion, it is better to start from matter.

A nearly 20 times increase in speed is what is observed in solar system; that may indicate that galaxy clusters are the individual units of the universe. Not only that, it may also indicate that motion at speed 'c' is a fundamental property of matter; we are actually moving at nearly one-third the speed of light along with our cluster.

Jose p Koshy

Joseph J. Jean-Claude wrote on Jan. 31, 2017 @ 17:27 GMT
Dear Jose,

A bio is a bio. An ad is an ad. A thesis is a thesis. See, I can write like you! This is to say that a few words about yourself would have been more welcome than the self-promotion you offered for your Author Bio.

A cosmos in self-realization is an interesting idea that has been in the literature ever since Carl Sagan, to whom we owe so much, controversially publicized this view in the 70's I believe. (Not that I disagree.) You pushed it further and expounded a story line about how the internal constraints between the two ends of the spectrum of matter create the conditions for structure, simple and complex, and for life as well. You credit the mathematics with the regency of the Laws and deny such to the physics.

This is all well taken, except that you should agree that your theory pertains instead to the philosophy of physics. It is manifestly not a Physical Theory per se. If you claim primacy of the Laws of mathematics, you at least owe it to the Theory a mathematical formulation of your views, which unfortunately is nowhere to be seen.

We then find ourselves hard-pressed to qualify your theory as the long-sought Theory of Everything per your claim, and have to fall back to the story line of Gauge Theories instead, because they, more reliably and despite incompleteness, offer mathematical discipline at their core. Don't you agree?

Nevertheless, you showed imagination, effort for consistency, offered some interesting points of cosmological data, while giving us a clear and clean presentation.

Good luck!

Joseph

Author Jose P. Koshy replied on Feb. 1, 2017 @ 06:16 GMT
Joseph J. Jean-Claude,

Thank you for responding. You started your comment asking 'who are you?'. That may mean 'what is written' is not important , but 'who wrote' is important. The truth is that I have no "author-bio" to promote myself; I have just a "theoretical model" to promote.

You would have noticed the subject selected by FQXI for the essay contest; it has a philosophical tone. So what you said is correct. The overall tone of the essay is meant to be philosophical; 'a reader recognizing that' is something that makes me happy.

What I claim is that I have arrived at 'a complete theory of everything', not the 'long-sought Theory of Everything'. My theory will be subjected to scrutiny by the scientific community, if they feel that it contains at least 'something'.

The essay is not a presentation of the "theoretical model" proposed by me. As pointed out by you, 'mathematical formulation of my views' is absent in it. If you are interested, you can refer to my papers in Vixra.org. However, if you think that 'where the papers are' matters rather than 'what the papers contain', then of course, I will be at a loss.

If your concluding senetence represents what you actually felt, and is not just a feel-happy-compliment offered to me, then I am satisfied.

Jose P Koshy

Joseph J. Jean-Claude replied on Feb. 1, 2017 @ 20:29 GMT
Hello Jose.

You are probably too much on the defensive. On Author Bio, if I see someone with prestigious credentials, yet delivering an essay with many commonplaces in their field of science, with little contribution to the subject at hand, I am not going to be sympathetic in my grading. However, to someone with not many credentials or none, but with an essay that is well structured, well argued, with fresh ideas, and moreover to the point of the essay, I am going to be very generous in my grading.

So I do not at all value "who you are" over the merits of your essay. This is open science here, that is the whole point of this contest. Gathering fresh ideas from the public to perhaps feed the too closed world of academic thinking. This is at least my view of the contest.

I do not disagree that philosophical essays are part of the contest call. However I tend to favor essays that address the gist of the problem at hand: deliver a mathematical approach to cognition.

I tend to see myself as a fair and honest individual. You will see that I have ranked your essay, even with a passing grade, which many if not most authors here do not do (no ranking at all) for reasons that are easy to understand. So I mean what I say, and did not make any comment just "to make you feel good".

On Vixra, that may be another conversation. I would just say it's a mixed plate. It would have been better to include in your essay contest here whatever mathematical support you have in store.

Relax and have fun!

Joseph

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Feb. 9, 2017 @ 01:21 GMT
Dear Koshy,

Your words that Quantum Mechanics and Relativity are mutually exclusive in first page 3 rd para are very correct. It is nice essay. And the concept ….” there is a 'set of allowed actions', and structures having freewill have to select actions from the 'allowed set'…. Is nice idea, Good essay!

Probably I have to mention here for your information…that “Your motion at speed C “ to be a theory of everything is having a problem, there was recent CERN experiment finding super luminal neutrinos… How will you explain that…?

Author Jose P. Koshy replied on Feb. 9, 2017 @ 05:51 GMT
Parameswara Gupta,

Thank you for going through my essay.

In 2012, CERN has corrected the initial claim regarding superluminal neutrinos; the finding was due to equipment failures. I am unaware of any other 'more recent' findings. As of now, I think, nothing is found to move faster than light.

Jose P Koshy

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta replied on Feb. 12, 2017 @ 00:35 GMT
Dear Dr Koshy

Oh Really,

I dont know it , Can you please give some details about it

Author Jose P. Koshy replied on Feb. 12, 2017 @ 13:59 GMT
Parameswara Gupta,

Please note, I have no doctorate. Regarding superluminal neutrinos, please refer the Wikipedia page here

Jose P Koshy

Wilhelmus de Wilde wrote on Feb. 19, 2017 @ 18:20 GMT
Dear Jose

Thank you for your enlightning post on my essay

Of course QM is grainy, it is the essence of the this way of thinking.

A way of thinking is expressed as "idea". Ideas are also constituted of parts because no idea can exist without time, it is the "order" of the parts of the idea that are constituting a new idea through consciousness.

The infinite loop of "pulsations" as you name it, is also a way of thinking, so in my perception an availability, thee reducing is again the result of time, we just cannot perceive a timeless and spaceless infinity of thoughts. But any thought is a part of the TOTAL, without the smallest there is no Total.

best regards

Wilhelmus

basudeba mishra wrote on Feb. 20, 2017 @ 04:36 GMT
Dear Sir,

Your expression is highly absorbing and we have similar ideas on many fronts, though the mainstream scientists, with their superstitious belief on “established theories” and inability to think out of box, will dismiss it. So you had to be content with viXra. However, in one or two cases, you also seem to follow the majority.

Is the universe expanding? Expanding universe concept came from galactic red-shift. But now we have seen blue-shift also. So is the universe expanding in certain regions and contracting at other regions? If the universe is expanding, how do we see galactic mergers? It should never happen. Dark matter concept began with the galaxy rotation curve problem, where the equation contains parameters like H = Hubble’s constant. ρ = matter density of the universe. k = curvature of the Universe. c=Velocity of light G=Gravitational constant. Λ=cosmological constant. R=radius of Universe. Have these parameters been measured precisely? Is it ever possible to measure the mass, radius and curvature of the universe? Dark energy concept assumed homogeneity of the CMB. But it has a direction: the Axis of Evil. You talk of ΛCDM. But what it is?

If we look at the universe, every structure is spinning around its axis. Thus, it is reasonable to assume that the universe itself is spinning around its axis. Due to various distances, the galactic clusters seem to move away from each other at times to come close at other times like planets in our solar system.

Regards,

basudeba

Author Jose P. Koshy replied on Feb. 20, 2017 @ 17:13 GMT
Basudeba Mishra,

The present accepted models are the best so far available. When we say that these are incorrect, we have to propose a better model, and not simply point out the possible errors. We have nothing against the present theories, which are still incomplete. We try to complete it by making changes either very fundamental or just marginal; our aim is not deriding them, though sometimes we may use such words for emphasis.

When a galaxy moves towards us, the radiation from it is blue shifted; if it moves away, it is red-shifted. Again, when a radiation gets cooled, it is red-shifted; if it gets heated, it is blue-shifted. Thus there are two causes for blue/red shift. In an expanding universe, the radiations get cooled. So all radiations, including the ones that are initially blue shifted (due to the direction being towards us) are red-shifted. Naturally we observe some blue-shifted galaxies.

ΛCDM model is the present accepted model of the universe; however, I do not accept that model. My model does not require any dark energy or dark matter. In my model, expansion is due to actual motion of galaxy clusters; the clusters move away from a common center along spiraling paths at increasing speeds. The energy required comes from inside the clusters.

You say that the universe may be spinning, an alternate idea. The question is how far have you developed it. Is it just on the idea level or have you at least completed an overall model of that spinning? I just started from such a simple idea. My model from particles to universe is now complete in all respects in an overall way. I can explain most of the prominent phenomena; I expect the rest will also be explainable. Whether it is correct or not, I leave it to the scientific community to decide.

Jose p Koshy

basudeba mishra replied on Feb. 23, 2017 @ 02:03 GMT
Dear Sir,

Do they know WHAT dark matter is? The answer is they are still searching for it, whether it is ΛCDM or WIMPS or MACHO. No one knows what it is and whether it exists at all. These are all presumptions.

How can “all radiations, including the ones that are initially blue shifted (due to the direction being towards us) are red-shifted”? If it is blue shifted because it is moving towards us in an expanding universe, it can never move away from us and be blue-shifted, unless it moves tangentially. And if something moves away tangentially after moving towards us that hints at spinning universe. We see similar things in the Solar system where planets appear to go away from us to come near at other times. So why should we speculate over a probability when there is an alternative option with credible evidence is available?

In our essay here, we have refuted all hypothetical modern notions on extra-dimensions to give a physical description of 10 dimensions. We should look at correspondence between macro and micro principles instead of treating both separately.

Regards,

basudeba

Author Jose P. Koshy replied on Feb. 23, 2017 @ 09:50 GMT
Basudeva Mishra,

You have missed the point. The red shift is due to two factors: One is due to cooling, the other is due to the direction of motion. When light takes more time to reach us, it gets more cooled, and hence more red-shifted. So distant sources are always red-shifted irrespective of direction, because the blue shift due to direction is always less than the red shift due to...

view entire post

Héctor Daniel Gianni wrote on Mar. 12, 2017 @ 22:34 GMT
Dear Jose P. Koshy

I invite you and every physicist to read my work “TIME ORIGIN,DEFINITION AND EMPIRICAL MEANING FOR PHYSICISTS, Héctor Daniel Gianni ,I’m not a physicist.

How people interested in “Time” could feel about related things to the subject.

1) Intellectuals interested in Time issues usually have a nice and creative wander for the unknown.

2) They usually enjoy this wander of their searches around it.

3) For millenniums this wander has been shared by a lot of creative people around the world.

4) What if suddenly, something considered quasi impossible to be found or discovered such as “Time” definition and experimental meaning confronts them?

5) Their reaction would be like, something unbelievable,… a kind of disappointment, probably interpreted as a loss of wander…..

6) ….worst than that, if we say that what was found or discovered wasn’t a viable theory, but a proved fact.

7) Then it would become offensive to be part of the millenary problem solution, instead of being a reason for happiness and satisfaction.

8) The reader approach to the news would be paradoxically adverse.

9) Instead, I think it should be a nice welcome to discovery, to be received with opened arms and considered to be read with full attention.

11)Time “existence” is exclusive as a “measuring system”, its physical existence can’t be proved by science, as the “time system” is. Experimentally “time” is “movement”, we can prove that, showing that with clocks we measure “constant and uniform” movement and not “the so called Time”.

12)The original “time manuscript” has 23 pages, my manuscript in this contest has only 9 pages.

I share this brief with people interested in “time” and with physicists who have been in sore need of this issue for the last 50 or 60 years.

Héctor

James Arnold wrote on Mar. 13, 2017 @ 20:30 GMT
Jose, yours is an interesting essay. Two points, one is incidental: Galaxies, solar systems, clusters, planets, etc are all moving relatively, they can all be considered as at not moving.

My perspective on "freewill" is a bit different than yours.

"Freewill is not doing what one wants, but selecting actions from the given options."

There is no room for spontaneity and creativity in that definition. The theory of relativity, for example, was not an option; it was a creative solution.

I invite you to read my essay here. I'd be interested in your take on "spontaneity."

Author Jose P. Koshy replied on Mar. 22, 2017 @ 11:02 GMT
James Arnold,

Thank you for the comments. I have been a little busy and I read your comment today only. Regarding relative motion, what you have pointed out is the present accepted view. I view motion is absolute; absolute motion can be ascertained by measuring G (G is proportional to the speed of the body and so G will be zero for a body at rest. Please not that this is just an alternate proposal, which I claim may be correct).

Regarding 'freewill', you have taken it too literally. We are unable to do anything that mathematics does not allow. All our actions require a certain amount of time for completion; no instantaneous action is possible, because mathematics does not allow that. 'Spontaneity and creativity' has no place in physics; physics only decides how fast you can process the data; for what purpose you are processing the data is irrelevant. I will be going through your essay.

Jose P Koshy

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich wrote on Mar. 17, 2017 @ 17:35 GMT
Dear Jose P. Koshy

I inform all the participants that use the electronic translator, therefore, my essay is written badly. I participate in the contest to familiarize English-speaking scientists with New Cartesian Physic, the basis of which the principle of identity of space and matter. Combining space and matter into a single essence, the New Cartesian Physic is able to integrate modern physics into a single theory. Let FQXi will be the starting point of this Association.

Don't let the New Cartesian Physic disappear! Do not ask for himself, but for Descartes.

New Cartesian Physic has great potential in understanding the world. To show potential in this essay I risked give "The way of The materialist explanation of the paranormal and the supernatural" - Is the name of my essay.

Visit my essay and you will find something in it about New Cartesian Physic. After you give a post in my topic, I shall do the same.

Sincerely,

Dizhechko Boris

Willy K wrote on Mar. 19, 2017 @ 05:07 GMT
Hi Koshy

It is rare that I have two wow moments while reading a single essay. Your essay certainly proved to be that exception. Accordingly, I rate your essay highly. I didn’t know that galaxy clusters moved at one-third the speed of light and how that could be shown to be the outer limit of the universe since there is an increase of 20 times in the rotational speeds of structures like stars, galaxies etc. Also, I hadn’t considered that all of mathematics could be boiled down to simple addition. A good insight.

I agree with you regarding free will being a selection from the available options. That sounds about right to me. I have modeled it as ‘nurturing’ capacity in my essay on intelligent systems. I am not sure but I think I will differ on ‘intelligent beings represent the maximum limit that mathematics can allow in intelligence and free will’. The reason is simple. My essay is premised on the fact that the social system of intelligent beings can also be considered as intelligent, if it is sufficiently sophisticated. Basically, it would have to be a Constitutional Democracy.

A very nice read. Thanks.

Regards, Willy

Author Jose P. Koshy replied on Mar. 22, 2017 @ 10:34 GMT
Willy,

I have been busy for a few days. Thank you for the comments. Can a social system of intelligent beings become more intelligent than the individuals? I doubt. The more the members, the more will be the 'noise'. Each individual is an optimized 'intelligent system', and creating a system of such systems may be counter-productive. I will be going through your essay.

Jose P koshy

David Pinyana wrote on Mar. 27, 2017 @ 22:52 GMT
Interesting essay proposing similar self-realization and emergence of concepts, that I also deal with in my essay:

The Dynamic Laws of Physics (and Universal Gravitation) have varied over time, and even Einstein had already proposed that they still has to evolve:

ARISTOTLE: F = m.v

NEWTON: F = m.a

EINSTEIN. E = m.c2 (*)

MOND: F = m.a.(A/A0)

FRACTAL RAINBOW: F = f (scale) = m.a.(scale factor)

Or better G (Gravity Constant) vary with the scale/distance due to fractal space-time: G = f ( Scale/distance factor)

(*) This equation does not correspond to the same dynamic concept but has many similarities.

Vladimir Nikolaevich Fedorov wrote on Apr. 4, 2017 @ 07:15 GMT
Dear Jose,

With great interest I read your essay, which of course is worthy of high rating.

You are one of the few who directly answers the question put by the contest.

I share your aspiration to seek the truth

«All physical structures including living organisms are manifestations inside the Cosmos, and cannot exist outside.»

«Life is an emergent property acquired by mid-level structures formed by atoms.»

«The temperature difference between the two makes the heat engine work.»

«In addition to these, the emergent properties acquired by the intermediate structures create both bottom-up and top-down causal factors at each level.»

I wish you success in the contest.

Kind regards,

Vladimir

Author Jose P. Koshy replied on Apr. 4, 2017 @ 09:56 GMT
Vladimir,

Thank you for the comments. I have tried to answer the question put forth by FQXI. However, my answer is based on an alternate theory, 'The Finiteness Theory' (proposed by me) the details of which are available at Vixra.org. In my opinion, the main-stream scientists have not tried to identify the top-down causal factor that exists in the universe.

FQXI offers a platform where alternate ideas can be discussed. I view it as 'participation' on our part, and 'contest' on the part of FQXI.

Jose P Koshy

Peter Jackson wrote on Apr. 4, 2017 @ 14:42 GMT
Jose,

Very interesting, if a little speculative in areas. I agree some parts are reasonable including;

"..it may be possible that the machines we create acquire self-awareness; but at the end, it may turn out that what we have done is just a duplication of the natural process." and;

"The Cosmos, .. goes through an infinite loop of pulsations" Which agree with a cyclic cosmology theory I've presented with much consistent evidence, also that we may well be around half way through a cycle. (do ask for links on my string if interested).

Sadly alternate ideas aren't as well received as they should be, so quite rigorous comprehensive and even and conclusive evidence is required and even then it may not even be looked at!

I hope you may read mine this year, but in that bracket!

Good effort. Very Best

Peter

Author Jose P. Koshy replied on Apr. 8, 2017 @ 14:49 GMT
Peter Jackson,

The present accepted models are the best available, even though incomplete. That is why alternate concepts are not well received by the community. Again that makes the effort for alternate ideas more luring. But unfortunately most of the alternate models are no match for the present ones. Let us try to make our arguments as pereect as possible that no body can ignore it. I will go through your essay. I am interested to know more about your model especially because you claim 'consistent evidence'.

Jose P Koshy

George Kirakosyan wrote on Apr. 6, 2017 @ 08:41 GMT
Hi dear Jose

Your essay is very impressive by realistic approaches to problems in the whole. It is seen there clearly definitions of used concepts and categories by their meaning, role and significance, which must to be as mandatory in the scientific - research works, if we really expecting get some valuable results. Unfortunately, such lawful demands become now somewhat forgotten in present formal - mathematical methodology (I mean post classical physics.) Moreover, in your work are presented large circle of very interesting and intriguing questions such, concerning to cosmology, to quantum-classical contradictions etc. Your views on this questions deserve attention and more time that we now has. However, I can decide for myself that author of this work are one deeply thinking person who well imagine the examined subject. The main thing for me it is your critical approach to studied theme.

I hope my work can serve to your attention and I can hearing some your words in my page.

Best Regards

Author Jose P. Koshy replied on Apr. 9, 2017 @ 11:24 GMT
George Kirakosyan,

Thank you for the comment. My approach is classical Newtonian with some corrections. The present approach is mathematics oriented, and the fact that 'physics is not mathematics' is often forgotten. I will go through your essay and will come up with my opinion within a few days.

Jose P Koshy

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.