Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fnd.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Satyavarapu Gupta: on 3/18/17 at 9:24am UTC, wrote Dear sir, I am not Dr... Best wishes =snp

Dizhechko Semyonovich: on 3/17/17 at 18:08pm UTC, wrote Dear MIROSLAW KOZLOWSKI I inform all the participants that use the...

Héctor Gianni: on 3/12/17 at 22:40pm UTC, wrote Dear Miroslaw Koslowski I invite you and every physicist to read my work...

MIROSLAW KOZLOWSKI: on 3/4/17 at 11:58am UTC, wrote Dear Peter. Your letter was as glass of Armagnac( 10 y old). Paper...

Peter Jackson: on 3/4/17 at 11:10am UTC, wrote Miroslaw, Lovely essay to read, and I think with some important...

Steve Dufourny: on 3/2/17 at 21:36pm UTC, wrote Hi doctor , Interesting ......but forget this electromagnetism for this...

Mirek: on 2/26/17 at 14:25pm UTC, wrote Hello Steve I think that the gravitation as the cosmic force is only...

Steve Dufourny: on 2/25/17 at 11:00am UTC, wrote let's go farer.let's analyse the generality of our universe Professor...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Lorraine Ford: "Re “I won't reply if you post outside the thread”: Tom, next you’ll..." in Wandering Towards a Goal:...

John Cox: "Just posting to reclaim the clickable heading for this topic." in Wandering Towards a Goal:...

Anonymous: "Is the phishing bot attack over? The headings column is still full of..." in Sounding the Drums to...

smith jina: "awesome post, thank you. Epson Help Epson Support Epson Support Number ..." in What Happens Inside the...

Brain Wave: "Beauty Tips Skin Tips Beauty Tips For Face Natural Beauty Tips Beauty..." in A Deeper Understanding

Brain Wave: "Beauty Tips Skin Tips Beauty Tips For Face Natural Beauty Tips Beauty..." in Building a Better Black...

Brain Wave: "Beauty Tips Skin Tips Beauty Tips For Face Natural Beauty Tips Beauty..." in Co-Travelers

Brain Wave: "Beauty Tips Skin Tips Beauty Tips For Face Natural Beauty Tips Beauty..." in Talking Heads

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Sounding the Drums to Listen for Gravity’s Effect on Quantum Phenomena
A bench-top experiment could test the notion that gravity breaks delicate quantum superpositions.

Watching the Observers
Accounting for quantum fuzziness could help us measure space and time—and the cosmos—more accurately.

Bohemian Reality: Searching for a Quantum Connection to Consciousness
Is there are sweet spot where artificial intelligence systems could have the maximum amount of consciousness while retaining powerful quantum properties?

Quantum Replicants: Should future androids dream of quantum sheep?
To build the ultimate artificial mimics of real life systems, we may need to use quantum memory.

Painting a QBist Picture of Reality
A radical interpretation of physics makes quantum theory more personal.

FQXi FORUM
August 22, 2017

CATEGORY: Wandering Towards a Goal Essay Contest (2016-2017) [back]
TOPIC: Wandering with the Wind by MIROSLAW KOZLOWSKI [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author MIROSLAW KOZLOWSKI wrote on Jan. 10, 2017 @ 21:51 GMT
Essay Abstract

In this essay we, based on the real physicist experience in nuclear physics research, present the evident influence of the second reality on the work of physicist.

Author Bio

Bio. I am Emeritus Professor , Warsaw University, Warsaw , Poland. At the beginning my work in physics I was engaged in the study of high energy nuclear reactions, next relativistic heavy ion reactions ( JINR- Dubna, PSI Villigen and CERN) and ultra- high intensity laser induced phenomena. In those fields I published above 200 papers and 6 monographs in USA and Germany. Recently I started the investigations of the physics of human brain and cancer. All my papers ( published) and scientific projects I am involved can be find out on Research Gate

Download Essay PDF File

Gary D. Simpson wrote on Jan. 12, 2017 @ 15:47 GMT
Miroslaw,

Indeed, serendipity is almost magic:-) Whether it be an apple on Isaac Newton's head or the wind turning the pages of one of your textbooks, sometimes it seems that the universe will help us to understand it. Perhaps the universe wants to be understood?

Best regards,

Gary Simpson

report post as inappropriate

Author MIROSLAW KOZLOWSKI replied on Jan. 12, 2017 @ 17:16 GMT
Dear Gary

Thank you very much for your comment.You are right Universe is waiting for us.

My best regards

Miroslaw

Joe Fisher replied on Jan. 14, 2017 @ 17:07 GMT
Dear Professor Kozlowski,

One real Universe must have only one reality. As I have thoughtfully pointed out in my brilliant essay, SCORE ONE FOR SIMPLICITY, the real Universe consists only of one unified visible infinite surface occurring in one infinite dimension, that am always illuminated by infinite non-surface light. Reality am not a complicated.

Joe Fisher, Realist

Author MIROSLAW KOZLOWSKI replied on Feb. 12, 2017 @ 10:15 GMT
Dear Professor Fisher

If we introduce Infinity then the structure of All is a rather complicated , is not?

Best regards

Mirosław

Steve Dufourny wrote on Jan. 22, 2017 @ 20:25 GMT
Hello Mr Koslowski,

Thanks for sharing your papper about your researchs and your discovery.

Best Regards

Author MIROSLAW KOZLOWSKI replied on Feb. 12, 2017 @ 10:20 GMT
Dear Dr Dufourny

Thank you for reading my personal opinion on my research in nuclear physics

Regards

Mirosław

Steve Dufourny replied on Feb. 23, 2017 @ 17:39 GMT
You are welcome, Professor, doctor sir,...I liked your papper.

It is a good work.Well about me don't say dr ,I am a simple nursery man for plants .A simple little belgian nursery man.So like I am Young 41 years old,so tell hello steve.The simplicity always professor doctor.

But well we are not here to speak about psychology but about objective sciences.Like you have worked on relevant experiments about this stanbdard model and our nuclear forces apprently,so you encircle well this standard model in logic, you encircle the steps of encodings due to evolution.And so you understand that quarks gluons are the strongest forces of our standard model.You encircle so doctor that this electyromagnetic with photons are the weakest forces of our standard model.But well ok let'"s go more far now and let's analyse this quantum gravitation, this weakest quant force tending to infinity.So like you know persons at cern or this or that like you make experiments impiortant for humanisty apparently, so you can say me what are the expermiments to find this weakest quant force, My question is this one, do you consider this quantum gravity like an emergent electromagnetic force ? do you consider that this gravitation at this quantum scale is bosonic photonic if I can say to make simple? if yes explain me why ? I am always happy to learn new things.So from experts and professors doctors so you shall understand that I wait an answer relevant from you.

Steve nursery man, human on earth :)

Best Professor doctor , happy to have persons so skiliings on this contest,thanks for that.

Steve Dufourny replied on Feb. 23, 2017 @ 18:03 GMT
I liked your little play of humility ,interesting Professor miroslaw,interesting.Lol

Don't forget to explain me this quantum gravitation,I will explain mine with humility ion front of this infinite entropy.

Best

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta wrote on Feb. 8, 2017 @ 21:21 GMT
It is a Good discovery sir …..” Alpha particle inside 9Be* nucleus”….. guided by consciousness…

Your essay is not in simple language, but how this goes to aims from math is not clear...

Author MIROSLAW KOZLOWSKI replied on Feb. 12, 2017 @ 10:23 GMT
Dear DrSatyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta

Thank you for your comment. . I am of the opinion that theoretical nuclear physics is guided by Mart!, Is noat?

Regards

Mirosław

Satyavarapu Naga Parameswara Gupta replied on Mar. 18, 2017 @ 09:24 GMT
Dear sir,

I am not Dr...

Best wishes

=snp

Peter Jackson wrote on Mar. 4, 2017 @ 11:10 GMT
Miroslaw,

Lovely essay to read, and I think with some important advancement to science (as my own!) but are most of academia and editors currently out wandering lost somewhere in the past?

I'm no nuclear physicist but am excited by your finding; "We discovered new type of light excited nuclei with excited alpha particle inside. This nuclei are unstable, with emission of p and t Will this be published? or is it too new to pass the gatekeepers (armed guards!) of theory.

How familiar are you with plasma?/Ions?/condensation of Fermion pairs? Do you agree the pairs may be identical just with opposite orientations? as with 'split' pairs in QM?

I do hope you may take a rigorous look at the simple momenta pair identified in my essay and confirm my derivation of the orthogonal cos2 curves of QM. established physicist run screaming rather than look and bury their heads in the sand or even a dung pile!

I'd also like to talk and think more about the 8-9Mev continuum energy recognised in nuclear physics. I think I referred to something similar in terms of the 'condensate', conceptually equivalent to Paul Dirac's 'new ether'. How 'recognised' is it and what is the interpretation. Any good links?

If I had to write an essay in any foreign language it would be gobbledegook! Very well written but languishing too low so worth a top mark.

Best wishes

Peter

Author MIROSLAW KOZLOWSKI wrote on Mar. 4, 2017 @ 11:58 GMT
Dear Peter.

Your letter was as glass of Armagnac( 10 y old). Paper with excited alpha particles inside nuclei was published in 1981 in Lettere al Nuovo Cimento. In my opinion we in that time found new type nuclei. These nuclei are precursor of hot spot nuclei - hot spot is excited alpha particle. In very old Times . two polish physicist Danysz and Pniewski discovered hyperfragments nuclei with lambda hyperon ( excited nucleon) in place nucleon. We find alpha excited in place of four nucleons).. I think both phenomena were important steps in developing nuclear physivc

Miroslaw

PS Peter I invited tou to my project on ResearchGate entitled Radiant Consciousness

Lettere al. Nuovo Cimento, vol 31 ( 1981), p.565

Héctor Daniel Gianni wrote on Mar. 12, 2017 @ 22:40 GMT
Dear Miroslaw Koslowski

I invite you and every physicist to read my work “TIME ORIGIN,DEFINITION AND EMPIRICAL MEANING FOR PHYSICISTS, Héctor Daniel Gianni ,I’m not a physicist.

How people interested in “Time” could feel about related things to the subject.

1) Intellectuals interested in Time issues usually have a nice and creative wander for the unknown.

2) They usually enjoy this wander of their searches around it.

3) For millenniums this wander has been shared by a lot of creative people around the world.

4) What if suddenly, something considered quasi impossible to be found or discovered such as “Time” definition and experimental meaning confronts them?

5) Their reaction would be like, something unbelievable,… a kind of disappointment, probably interpreted as a loss of wander…..

6) ….worst than that, if we say that what was found or discovered wasn’t a viable theory, but a proved fact.

7) Then it would become offensive to be part of the millenary problem solution, instead of being a reason for happiness and satisfaction.

8) The reader approach to the news would be paradoxically adverse.

9) Instead, I think it should be a nice welcome to discovery, to be received with opened arms and considered to be read with full attention.

11)Time “existence” is exclusive as a “measuring system”, its physical existence can’t be proved by science, as the “time system” is. Experimentally “time” is “movement”, we can prove that, showing that with clocks we measure “constant and uniform” movement and not “the so called Time”.

12)The original “time manuscript” has 23 pages, my manuscript in this contest has only 9 pages.

I share this brief with people interested in “time” and with physicists who have been in sore need of this issue for the last 50 or 60 years.

Héctor

Dizhechko Boris Semyonovich wrote on Mar. 17, 2017 @ 18:08 GMT
Dear MIROSLAW KOZLOWSKI

I inform all the participants that use the electronic translator, therefore, my essay is written badly. I participate in the contest to familiarize English-speaking scientists with New Cartesian Physic, the basis of which the principle of identity of space and matter. Combining space and matter into a single essence, the New Cartesian Physic is able to integrate modern physics into a single theory. Let FQXi will be the starting point of this Association.

Don't let the New Cartesian Physic disappear! Do not ask for himself, but for Descartes.

New Cartesian Physic has great potential in understanding the world. To show potential in this essay I risked give "The way of The materialist explanation of the paranormal and the supernatural" - Is the name of my essay.

Visit my essay and you will find something in it about New Cartesian Physic. After you give a post in my topic, I shall do the same.

Sincerely,

Dizhechko Boris

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.