Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

DURGA DATTA.: on 6/30/16 at 8:23am UTC, wrote Perfectly synchronized atomic clocks on earth when placed on a satellite...

Brian Balke: on 5/28/16 at 3:57am UTC, wrote I think that there's some confusion between the two cases (closed slight...

Pentcho Valev: on 12/5/15 at 16:18pm UTC, wrote Brian Greene explains how in 1919 Einstein's general relativity was...

Pentcho Valev: on 12/3/15 at 16:08pm UTC, wrote No Warped Spacetime General Relativity at the Beach In my comments on the...

Pentcho Valev: on 11/18/15 at 18:31pm UTC, wrote Nature: "Wayward satellites repurposed to test general relativity" In my...

Anonymous: on 10/6/15 at 14:32pm UTC, wrote Every real thing has a real complete surface. Although man has inflicted...

Steve Dufourny: on 9/19/15 at 19:22pm UTC, wrote A last thing before that I am going to sleep.I read a book of Hawking , a...

Steve Dufourny: on 9/19/15 at 18:56pm UTC, wrote I know my thermo ,I have a wonderful book of Zemansky "heat and thermo" I...

FQXi FORUM
March 27, 2017

ARTICLE: Video Article: Solar-System-Sized Experiment to Put Time to the Test [back to article]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Joe Fisher wrote on Aug. 28, 2015 @ 14:24 GMT
One real Universe am infinite. When are you people going to understand that reality has a surface and the best way to verify this is by noting that no matter in which direction you look, you will only ever see a plethora of surfaces. The reason it is so easy for one to spot the surfaces is because light DOES NOT HAVE A SURFACE, so light needs a surface in order to be seen.

Light is incapable of “moving” through a slit because the slit portion appears not to have a surface. Of course the light striking a surface behind a slit is going to appear differently than it would when it strikes the surface behind a barrier containing multiple slits.

Infinity cannot contain finite time or finite distance.

Joe Fisher, Unaffiliated, orcid.org/0000-0003-3988-8687

report post as inappropriate

Mark Gubrud wrote on Aug. 29, 2015 @ 17:28 GMT
If you can determine which path a given photon took (presumably from the time-of-flight) then there will be no interference. There is no need to bounce off Jupiter. You can do a similar experiment in a lab with a beamsplitter and two unequal spools of fiber. It doesn't involve gravity then, but it will show the effect that if the paths can be distinguished by time of flight, phase coherence is destroyed.

Joe Fisher replied on Aug. 29, 2015 @ 18:51 GMT
There is no such thing as a photon. It is physically impossible to isolate any one thing in infinity.

Joe Fisher

Pentcho Valev wrote on Aug. 31, 2015 @ 17:15 GMT
"If you'd asked Einstein, he would have told you that time is another dimension, much like the three dimensions of space. Together they knit together to create a spacetime fabric that pervades the universe. This notion of time as a dynamic, flexible dimension forms the basis of his immensely successful general theory of relativity, which explains how gravity manifests on cosmic scales as matter...

view entire post

Pentcho Valev replied on Sep. 3, 2015 @ 13:42 GMT
Einsteinians reject, more or less explicitly, the absurd consequence, Einstein's spacetime, but continue to worship the underlying premise, Einstein's 1905 false constant-speed-of-light postulate:

What scientific idea is ready for retirement? Steve Giddings: "Spacetime. Physics has always been regarded as playing out on an underlying stage of space and time. Special relativity joined these...

view entire post

Joe Fisher replied on Sep. 3, 2015 @ 14:42 GMT
The real Universe am infinite. Einstein did not know what a real infinity was.

Joe Fisher

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 3, 2015 @ 15:16 GMT
Hello Mr Fisher,

Eisntein was one of the biggest thinker of our world, he saw the generality of things.

That is why he pondered his equation about entropy

Regards

Steve Dufourny wrote on Sep. 4, 2015 @ 19:25 GMT
Please fqxi ,people still hack my pc ,it is tiring ,help me,I am not good in algorythms and pc,pleasee, the cause is from LinkedIn I think

Steve Dufourny wrote on Sep. 4, 2015 @ 19:26 GMT
It is fom India I beleive but I am not sure, I have some names but I am not sure

Steve Agnew wrote on Sep. 6, 2015 @ 17:23 GMT
This is a good but not great experiment. Similar to the time delays or gravitational deflection of quasars as a function of earth's orbit about the sun, this measurement will result in two correlated circles of time delay interferences superimposed on each other from each of the moons of Saturn.

Deflection of Starlight by the Sun

This shows many references and also shows that these kinds of radiotelescope measurements have a great deal of noise, especially when the radiotelescope is close to the direction of the sun. It is not clear if these workers in this latest rendition will have enough signal to noise to actually do this measurement.

It is further not clear what new information about cosmic time delays it will reveal besides what has been amply demonstrated time and again, but what the heck...

The LISA pathfinder experiment that is heading out to L1 very soon will be much more fun. LISA's precise weighing of two very cold 2 kg Au/Pt cubes in a well controlled L1 orbit promises to reveal much more about the nature of our aether reality. The confusion of geodesics at L1 results in a gravity beamsplitter that should show quantum effects.

Gravitational Beamsplitter

Will the cubes become entangled at L1 and show interference effects beyond the interferometry that will measure their masses? That would be a lot of fun...

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 7, 2015 @ 11:40 GMT
Hello Mr Agnew,

I agree about this experiment, it is good but not really relevant considering that these waves are above the logic of our electromagnetic waves.

That said, it becomes relevant in inserting several parameters in this interfermotry of Michelson.The 75 per cent of Au and 25 per cent of Pl wawww,but is it relevant for this gravitomagnetism.

I have an idea, a spherical rotor with the good proportion of elements and of course more my humble équations about sphères,quant and cosmol.

With an algorythm permitting to sort the other cosmological perturbations.An other algorythm can be inserted with the volumes of cosmological sphères,we can so find the central main cosmological sphère and so its effects on the spacetime respecting the general relativity.

Just a thought

Regards

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 7, 2015 @ 11:51 GMT
There is aproblem with our newtonian mecanic and our perception with our electromagnetism.The velocies of particles and also the mass of cosmological black sphères are a problem for the gravitomagnetism.

Newtonian field and Einsteinian field are not sufficient at my humble opinion.

Just a thought.

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 7, 2015 @ 11:55 GMT
There is a correspondance that said for these gravitational fields.

amrit wrote on Sep. 19, 2015 @ 12:27 GMT
there is no quantum time and no relativistic time.

Time has only a math. existence.

What is "relative" is velocity of changes.

www.fopi.info

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 19, 2015 @ 12:59 GMT
Hello Amrit,

ideed, it is just a duration.A lot of scientists does not really understand the spacetime evolution,the SR and the general relativity.They forget the essentials, the foundamentals.It is bizare in all case.They misinterpret the foundamental laws.

The aether also must be rethought in a logic way,the gravitationalwaves answer simply.

Steve Agnew replied on Sep. 19, 2015 @ 14:32 GMT
You are very close to the truth, but you took a right hand turn instead of a left hand turn...your paper states:

"There is no experimental evidence that clocks measure time. It is convenient to replace the concept of time with the numerical order of material change. This view corresponds more adequately to the physical world and resolves Zeno problems of motion."

But what...

view entire post

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 19, 2015 @ 14:45 GMT
Don't teach Mr Agnew, you don't understand the planck walls and the universal constants.

How could you interpret the gravitational Aether ?with your electromagnetic aether perhaps ???? Let me laugh!

and I am repeating, a BH is a sphere!If you don't see this evidence, so return at school of universal generalities.

Even your critics are not relevant.Amrit understands the entropy and the encoding of informations,so don't insist.

Steve Dufourny wrote on Sep. 19, 2015 @ 17:33 GMT
God creates the universal sphere,Entropy becomes smass.It is essential and for that, several laws and doudamental are necessary.If the sphere is a reality, there are reasons, it is the perfect equilibrium of forces.

If a specific dynamic is a reality about encoding of black particles and photons, there are reasons.

The central cosmologicalsphere implies the universal gravitational spherical wave.It is logic.God is not far of us.

Einstein d like this meaning if he was here.Because he thought about God and its universal project of enrgy becoming mass in improvement.It is not possible to understand entropy and the gravitationalaether without these essential.

God creates a sphere with sphères turning around sphères. It is logic when we analyse the encoding of informations.These informations are not only bosonic particles but also gravitational particles of several kind.The sphericalvolumes are essential so.

If God has chosen this logic, there are reasons , they turn so they are !!!!The evolution , spherisation for me, shows us what a wonderful future we create.We are still Young universally speaking and the road is still long towards the perfect equilibrium between all quantum and cosmological sphères.The improvement is so important.We are created by this entropy and the project is wonderfull with or without our approvement.

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 19, 2015 @ 17:43 GMT
My two other passions are playing piano, guitar, and the horticulture,the flowers and the naturelike the music show us the harmonisation of froms and waves.

All forms can be created with these quantum sphères.When I see the possibilities of this nature, I amfascinated ,you imagine the créations Inside this universal sphere if already on earth, we hacve so many combinations.Only the sphères can create this reality. At this present it exists so many planets and lifes,so many créations with infinite combinations and we are still Young.We create a kind of paradise in fact.It is wonderful and the word is weak.

We could contemplate the créations for eternity because all is eternal when, we see above our limits, walls,physical and temporal.

I am not for the multivers at this moment due to our principle of uniquenss and our Young age, but the future can show us a kind ofmultispheres because the entropy is infinite above our planck walls simply.

God is difficult and simple to understand.The most important is to accept this evolution and to be a catalyser of universal love after all.The rest seems vain.

Steve Dufourny replied on Sep. 19, 2015 @ 18:03 GMT
I don't speak about God in the scientific world, because only a little number of persons understands really what is the realmeaning of entropy.Probably a lack of general studies. The colors are from this light indeed , but it is just a complementary tool this light premitti,ng to see the things and to encode informations , bosonic.

But the puzzle is more complex than this c , the aether is more than electromagnetic waves.We are still so far of the real entropy, we just utilise a so small step.It exists other stepsof énergies correlated with dark matter.The volumes of sphères are so important to encircle this energy,and that in the two senses, quant and cosm.

We are travellers from stars in the future, we are still babies created.The SR is a problem for the future universalcommunications and the future travels Inside this sphere.God so has created other possibilities but perhaps we are still Young and not able to harmonise the universe.Already that we have difficulties toharmonise our planet.When I see the sufferings and the stupidities on this earth, so perhaps it is better that we cannot travel Inside this universal sphere at this moment.

Entropy entropy, shows us the road of universal love above our souls and minds.....

Spherically yours with universal humility.

Anonymous wrote on Oct. 6, 2015 @ 14:32 GMT
Every real thing has a real complete surface. Although man has inflicted flatness on a considerable amount of earthly matter by fabricating surface producing billions of cubes and spheres, all surface must travel at the same constant speed. Light does not have a surface, therefore, light cannot move at a constant speed.

Joe Fisher, Realist

Pentcho Valev wrote on Nov. 18, 2015 @ 18:31 GMT
Nature: "Wayward satellites repurposed to test general relativity"

In my comment on this article I claim that there is no gravitational time dilation - the gravitational redshift (blueshift) is the result of the variation of the speed of light predicted by Newton's emission theory of light.

Pentcho Valev

Pentcho Valev wrote on Dec. 3, 2015 @ 16:08 GMT
No Warped Spacetime

General Relativity at the Beach

In my comments on the video I show that the gravitational redshift (blueshift) is not the result of time dilation - it is the result of the variation of the speed of light predicted by Newton's emission theory of light.

Pentcho Valev

Pentcho Valev replied on Dec. 5, 2015 @ 16:18 GMT
Brian Greene explains how in 1919 Einstein's general relativity was gloriously confirmed:

What convinced physicists that General Relativity was correct?

In another video, at 22:39, Steven Weinberg and Brian Greene are telling the truth: Eddington's 1919 eclipse experiment was a fraud:

Brian Greene Hosts: Reality Since Einstein

Pentcho Valev

Brian Balke wrote on May. 28, 2016 @ 03:57 GMT
I think that there's some confusion between the two cases (closed slight versus measurement). They achieve the same distribution at the far screen, but in the second case, that can be explained because the measurement randomizes the phase of the photon's quantum distribution. As is well known, the single-slit distribution can be obtained by smearing the two-slit distribution. This is essentially what happens when a measurement is made.

DURGA DAS DATTA. wrote on Jun. 30, 2016 @ 08:23 GMT
Perfectly synchronized atomic clocks on earth when placed on a satellite become no more synchronized due to many factors. Einstein called various reference frames. But even on same reference frame just change in height cause dis balance due to gravity. Therefore gravity changes the ticking rate in atomic clocks. Therefore you see times do not match. Therefore you correct time in GPS. Einstein named it time dilation. I prefer to call measurement dilation. So the absolute time in quantum mechanics or the relativistic time in GR/SR ? Both these concepts are in use and probably , one should be true. Some experiment may solve this issue.

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:

And select the letter between 'F' and 'H':

Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.