Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the blogger are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

alena lis: on 8/2/16 at 9:12am UTC, wrote Fantastic picture!

Steve Dufourny: on 7/31/15 at 15:53pm UTC, wrote Mr Tegmark can make the multispheres if he wants :) but please play in a...

Steve Dufourny: on 7/31/15 at 15:50pm UTC, wrote a bridge in geometrical algebras ???? :) all my net is checked even here...

Steve Dufourny: on 7/31/15 at 15:46pm UTC, wrote Thank you verry much Zeeya , I have faith fortunally but I am tired...

Zeeya Merali: on 7/28/15 at 16:21pm UTC, wrote Dear Steve, I have just read your post, and I wanted to say that I am...

Steve Dufourny: on 7/28/15 at 14:51pm UTC, wrote thank you .The life is sometimes difficult but i have faith in this...

Georgina Woodward: on 7/19/15 at 7:32am UTC, wrote Dear Steve,I'm sorry for your loss. Its probably best not to make big...

Steve Dufourny: on 7/18/15 at 15:32pm UTC, wrote ???? And don't forget my equations mcosV is a constant and E mc cubic o...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

Herbal Sejagat: "Suatu keadaan yang tidak pernah saya rasakan sebelumnya minum Obat Herbal ..." in Deferential Geometry

Herbal Sejagat: "herbal sejagat Obat Tradisional Kanker Payudara telah mendapatkan izin ..." in Help Fight Negativity!

Herbal Sejagat: "Obat Tradisional Amazon Alami Penyakit Jantung Koroner ialah pilihan..." in Baez on Quantum...

Herbal Sejagat: "Jus Kulit Manggis yakni Obat Tradisional Alami penyakit Kanker Paru-paru..." in Quantum Distractions

Herbal Sejagat: "Online shop herbal sejagat dikelola oleh pekerja yang berdedikasi tinggi,..." in Open Source Science

Herbal Sejagat: "Batu Ginjal ialah berbentuk benda keras menyerupai batu yang berada di..." in Foundational Physics...

Herbal Sejagat: "Kista harus segera diatasi dan diobati apabila dibiarkan akan terjadinya..." in Is the Moon Alive?

Herbal Sejagat: "Sembuhkan Stroke dengan Amazon Obat Herbal Alami dengan Khasiat yang..." in Impact, Part Two

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Quantum Dream Time
Defining a ‘quantum clock’ and a 'quantum ruler' could help those attempting to unify physics—and solve the mystery of vanishing time.

Our Place in the Multiverse
Calculating the odds that intelligent observers arise in parallel universes—and working out what they might see.

Sounding the Drums to Listen for Gravity’s Effect on Quantum Phenomena
A bench-top experiment could test the notion that gravity breaks delicate quantum superpositions.

Watching the Observers
Accounting for quantum fuzziness could help us measure space and time—and the cosmos—more accurately.

Bohemian Reality: Searching for a Quantum Connection to Consciousness
Is there are sweet spot where artificial intelligence systems could have the maximum amount of consciousness while retaining powerful quantum properties?

FQXi BLOGS
November 25, 2017

CATEGORY: Blog [back]
TOPIC: In Praise of Physics Poetry, Spacetime SQUIDs, & Searching for the Impossible [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

FQXi Administrator Zeeya Merali wrote on May. 28, 2015 @ 20:15 GMT
Wolfgang Beyer, Wikimedia Commons
Just to let you know that after a couple of special podcast editions from the quantum foundations meeting in Erice, Italy, Brendan and I are back with the regular podcast.

In this month's podcast, we're celebrating poetry about physics and maths. In April, I visited Penn State University, where I met with Emily Grosholz, a poet and philosopher of math and science, who works at the Institute for Gravitation and the Cosmos, which is headed up by FQXi’s Abhay Ashtekar. Grosholz shares three of her poems with us on the podcast: In Praise of Fractals, The Dissolution of the Rainbow, and Among Cosmologists. (Evelyn Lamb, who blogs over at Scientific American, has a nice review up of one of Groshloz’s anthologies here.)

Free Podcast

Physics poetry; curving spacetime in the lab; & searching for undecidable problems.

LISTEN:

Go to full podcast

At the COST quantum foundations meeting in Erice, Italy, that I attended back in March, I met with FQXi’s Sorin Paraoanu. You’ll know about his new research building an artificial space-time from superconducting quantum interference devices (SQUIDs), from Nicola Jones’ recent article for us. In an extended interview on the site, Paraonu talks a bit more about the progress of the experiment, as well as his recent publication in the New Journal of Physics, about testing the Landau-Zener formula for the transition probabilities between states of a qubit.

And finally, reporter Sophie Hebden talks to FQXi’s Jen Eisert about his quest to find undecidable problems in quantum mechanics. Again, you’ll be familiar with some this if you read Sophie’s article, “Searching for the Impossible” — but listen to he podcast piece for more details and to learn about Eisert’s unusual skill for dating architecture.

Enjoy listening!

this post has been edited by the forum administrator

report post as inappropriate

Neil Bates wrote on Jun. 16, 2015 @ 12:28 GMT
Thanks, Zeeya. Fascinating.

Steve Dufourny wrote on Jul. 18, 2015 @ 14:58 GMT
Hello all, hello dear Zeeya,

I have lost my mother and people have checked my pc since several years.I am in a bizzare boat. I am invited everywhere but I am introvert.But now I am ready to go in England or china or India or Usa.Several societies from everywhere are interested by my theory of spherization and my inventions but I don't know what I must do Zeeya. It is ironical sometimes this planet, this sphere :)

Regards

Steve the crazzy spheric man like said my friend Dr Ray Munroe.

Georgina Woodward replied on Jul. 19, 2015 @ 07:32 GMT
Dear Steve,I'm sorry for your loss. Its probably best not to make big decisions while you are under a lot of stress. Is there anyone who can help check whats going on with your computer with you?

Ray was a delightful member of the community. I have thanked him at the end of my recently uploaded article, as he was so patient and willing to entertain my early ramblings about space and time rather than being discouraging. But alas it seems I have spelled his name wrong.

Take care of yourself. Best wishes Georgina

Steve Dufourny replied on Jul. 28, 2015 @ 14:51 GMT
thank you .The life is sometimes difficult but i have faith in this universal faith.I was so paranoiac in the past and so in stress indeed.I am tired psychologically speaking.

Take care also.

ps sorry fqxi for my parano in the past.

About my équations, I need to improvr them ,I beleive humbly that they can explain the black mass and the black energy......see th volumes of sphères and their rotations....Inside the universal sphere :)

take care all , this planet is on thr bad road and soon 9 billions of people for 2050.Oh My God !

FQXi Administrator Zeeya Merali replied on Jul. 28, 2015 @ 16:21 GMT
Dear Steve,

I have just read your post, and I wanted to say that I am deeply sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. If you feel ready to travel and you are receiving invitations from various places, then perhaps it would be a good to accept one and see how it goes -- although I appreciate that you are introverted. Perhaps you should choose an opportunity, at first, that is based close to you and would not take up too much of your time, to see if you enjoy it and feel comfortable.

I am afraid that I cannot give you any specific advice about whether those societies are worth getting involved with, however, since I do not know any details about them.

I wish you all the best at this difficult time, however.

Steve Dufourny wrote on Jul. 18, 2015 @ 15:32 GMT
???? And don't forget my equations mcosV is a constant and E mc cubic o cubic and s cubic the 3 velocities of the spheres ......it explains the others steps above the relativity....so you can calculate the steps of energies towards the main central sphere of all system of uniquity in the two scales , quant and cosm....

c linear velocity, orbital vel and spinal velocity....but it exists a kind of door between the two systems .....E mc² and E m cos cubic .you see the steps of energies above the relativistic laws.

Steve Dufourny wrote on Jul. 31, 2015 @ 15:50 GMT
a bridge in geometrical algebras ???? :)

all my net is checked even here ....for the prize in algebras ??? It is not cool in fact , I have seen the nobel prize in maths .what is this story ??? Perhaps Mr Tyson and Tegmark can explain me ??? I am not parano I know just the human nature but I am christian also, so I can pardon .... respect me and I will respect you .

Steve Dufourny replied on Jul. 31, 2015 @ 15:53 GMT
Mr Tegmark can make the multispheres if he wants :) but please play in a pure universality and not with bad tools !

alena lis wrote on Aug. 2, 2016 @ 09:12 GMT
Fantastic picture!

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.