Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fnd.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Joe Fisher: on 4/6/15 at 15:41pm UTC, wrote Dear Jayakar, I think Newton was wrong about abstract gravity; Einstein...

Vladimir Rogozhin: on 4/3/15 at 10:10am UTC, wrote Dear Jayakar, I'm glad to see you again on the forum. I invite you to see ...

Jayakar Joseph: on 3/10/15 at 5:36am UTC, wrote Thank you dear William. Both the finite string-segment and the infinite...

William Carine: on 3/9/15 at 18:27pm UTC, wrote Dear Joseph, If i understand right, you are saying that math and physics...

Jayakar Joseph: on 3/7/15 at 19:38pm UTC, wrote Yes my dear Vladimir; in our perspectives on eternal, the Mysterious...

Joe Fisher: on 3/7/15 at 17:02pm UTC, wrote Huh? Joe Fisher

Vladimir Rogozhin: on 3/7/15 at 11:16am UTC, wrote Dear Jayakar, I read with great interest your depth analytical essay. Your...

Jayakar Joseph: on 3/7/15 at 2:21am UTC, wrote Thank you, Dear Joe. I think the reality in abstract is 1 rather than 0....

RECENT FORUM POSTS

kurt stocklmeir: "em drive metamaterials at 1 end that create negative radiation pressure -..." in Alternative Models of...

jiya joseph: "I guess a workshop is conducted by the people that are favorable for the..." in Schrödinger’s Cat...

mono joli: "thanks a lot for such a great topic. Scary Maze Games Basketball Legends..." in The Race to Replace the...

Joe Fisher: "Dear Dr. Brendan Foster, Of course: “We Are All Connected .” My..." in We Are All Connected

Caroline v: "Thanks for informing us about FQXi-sponsored workshop which aim was to..." in Schrödinger’s Cat...

Yelena Hopper: "Training is the way toward encouraging learning, or the procurement of..." in Wandering Towards a Goal:...

Yelena Hopper: "This article is such a pleasant and intriguing one, I'm exceptionally happy..." in We Are All Connected

Yelena Hopper: "Pushing the points of confinement of hypothesis and creative energy in..." in Review of “A Big Bang...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Our Place in the Multiverse
Calculating the odds that intelligent observers arise in parallel universes—and working out what they might see.

Sounding the Drums to Listen for Gravity’s Effect on Quantum Phenomena
A bench-top experiment could test the notion that gravity breaks delicate quantum superpositions.

Watching the Observers
Accounting for quantum fuzziness could help us measure space and time—and the cosmos—more accurately.

Bohemian Reality: Searching for a Quantum Connection to Consciousness
Is there are sweet spot where artificial intelligence systems could have the maximum amount of consciousness while retaining powerful quantum properties?

Quantum Replicants: Should future androids dream of quantum sheep?
To build the ultimate artificial mimics of real life systems, we may need to use quantum memory.

FQXi FORUM
October 18, 2017

CATEGORY: Trick or Truth Essay Contest (2015) [back]
TOPIC: Before the Primordial Geometric origin: The Mysterious connection between Physics and Mathematics by Jayakar Johnson Joseph [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Jayakar Johnson Joseph wrote on Mar. 4, 2015 @ 17:23 GMT
Essay Abstract

Though the connection between Physics and Mathematics is much obvious from the phase of Geometric origin of the universe, the Physics of the beginning of universe is causal for the Mysterious nature of this connection. Thus we have analysed this with two models of Universe; one is with Quantum Mechanics dominated Particle scenario by Standard Model and Standard Cosmology; and the other is a Continuum Mechanics dominated String-matter scenario that is by an alternative paradigm of Universe. As the physics of the origin of universe is not geometrically descriptive in Initial singularity, we argue this as an inherent mathematical Trick in Particle scenario; whereas this Mysterious connection is a Truth, while we explore with String-matter scenario, in that the Physics of dynamics originated with time, instantaneously before the instant of plausible Mathematical notation. As dynamics is inherent with Physics, we would like to say, ‘Physics is causal for Mathematics’, that is the Truth in this context, while the ‘Causality of Physics’, is the Mysterious connection.

Author Bio

Medical graduate by profession. Research in alternative cosmology since 2000 and developed a paradigm of, ‘Eigen-rotational Clusters of String-matter Universe (ECSU)’. An application on this in healthcare, ‘Molecular Dynamics Synchronized Manipulator system to Repair Biomolecules’ is on development. Work abstract at, http://www.clustermatteruniverse.net Biography at (ORCID ID): http://orcid.org/0000-0003-2936-8231

Download Essay PDF File

Author Jayakar Johnson Joseph wrote on Mar. 7, 2015 @ 02:21 GMT
Thank you, Dear Joe. I think the reality in abstract is 1 rather than 0. Thus the origin of string-segment as line segment from pre-existed continuously deformed static string-matter in curves, is the geometric origin for three dimensional structures in universe. A line segment is 1, whereas the point particle is 0, in space.

With best regards, Jayakar

attachments: Transformation_of_String-curve.png

Joe Fisher replied on Mar. 7, 2015 @ 17:02 GMT
Huh?

Joe Fisher

report post as inappropriate

Vladimir Rogozhin wrote on Mar. 7, 2015 @ 11:16 GMT
Dear Jayakar,

I read with great interest your depth analytical essay. Your ideas are very interesting and original. Yes, the secret connection between the two fundamental sign systems, Mathematics and Physics - in the primordial structure of the Universum, which should be considered sub specie aeternitatis.

Kind regards,

Vladimir

Author Jayakar Johnson Joseph replied on Mar. 7, 2015 @ 19:38 GMT
Yes my dear Vladimir; in our perspectives on eternal, the Mysterious connection between Physics and Mathematics is the Truth that is beyond our imaginations.

With best regards & thanks

Jayakar

Vladimir Rogozhin replied on Apr. 3, 2015 @ 10:10 GMT
Dear Jayakar,

I'm glad to see you again on the forum. I invite you to see my analysis of the philosophical foundations of mathematics and physics, the method of ontological constructing of the primordial generating structure, "La Structure mère" as the ontological framework, carcass and foundation of knowledge, the core of which - the ontological (structural, cosmic) memory.

Kind regards,

Vladimir

William Amos Carine wrote on Mar. 9, 2015 @ 18:27 GMT
Dear Joseph,

If i understand right, you are saying that math and physics are only possible when their is a geometrical structure to the physicality or universe. This geometry started at a singularity and that is when math and physics starting entwining. Before that it is mysterious. I agree about it being mysterious, but speaking for myself all of it is mysterious, even after geometry was possible after the 'start of things.' I've intuitively questioned the role of the point and discussed it with whomever wants to use breath on such out there/abstract matters. But lines do sit better with me and in a geometrical view of the world. I don't really think this entails string theory though. Perhaps a newer dress of relativity could somehow use a maths or understanding more 'in line with' the geometrical nature of this universe. Thank you for connecting your thoughts! the smaller paragraphs helped me greatly.

Best wishes,

william amos

Author Jayakar Johnson Joseph replied on Mar. 10, 2015 @ 05:36 GMT
Thank you dear William. Both the finite string-segment and the infinite continuously deformed string are mathematically expressional, and the finite line segment and the infinite line also. Whereas the transformation of a curved string segment into a string line segment is the origin of dynamics in the Universe. Thus the energy that is causal for this transformation is the Mysterious connection between Physics and Mathematics. In this context, strings are not theoretical but real structures and thus the string theory that evolved from field theories may bridge the particle interactions with the direct contacts of eigen-rotational string-segments, for the integration of both models.

With best regards, Jayakar

Joe Fisher wrote on Apr. 6, 2015 @ 15:41 GMT
Dear Jayakar,

I think Newton was wrong about abstract gravity; Einstein was wrong about abstract space/time, and Hawking was wrong about the explosive capability of NOTHING.

All I ask is that you give my essay WHY THE REAL UNIVERSE IS NOT MATHEMATICAL a fair reading and that you allow me to answer any objections you may leave in my comment box about it.

Joe Fisher

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.