Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the blogger are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Boyd Bunton: on 12/15/17 at 4:04am UTC, wrote Nice share! I am no able ti skip this moment without appreciating you....

Boyd Bunton: on 12/14/17 at 6:38am UTC, wrote Its absolutely very helpful put up about the subject. All readers can be...

Vivek Kumar: on 11/29/17 at 8:44am UTC, wrote Hey guys you must to play life duck free online game in without download...

flip diving: on 10/14/17 at 4:48am UTC, wrote Thanks for your sharing. Hope you can contribute more quality posts to this...

Joe Fisher: on 10/11/17 at 14:38pm UTC, wrote Dear Liza John , Only humanly contrived finite misinformation about our...

Liza John: on 10/11/17 at 13:34pm UTC, wrote Do parallel universes exist? I mean with a material science sort of view,...

Zeeya Merali: on 12/2/14 at 16:56pm UTC, wrote A quick alert that the new podcast is up. Listen to it here. In this...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

adel sadeq: "Victor I think Tegmark had some theory in mind that resembles..." in What Is...

Joe Fisher: "Dear Anthony Aguirre, The mission of the Foundational Questions Institute..." in FQXi's New Large Grant...

Suhani Mahajan: "I am a attractive female for pleasurable and delight service in only on..." in Is the Past Infinite?

thuy lien: "9 THINGS WE WERE SEEN FROM RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 TRAILER ROCKSTAR HAVE US..." in Collapsing Physics: Q&A...

Anthony Aguirre: "Our mission at FQXi has always been to push boundaries, and to try to focus..." in FQXi's New Large Grant...

John Cox: "Victor, I have reread your post and still find agreement. Realism vs...." in What Is...

Anonymous: "hello Bob" in The Complexity Conundrum

shery williams: "Office Setup is the full suite of Microsoft productivity software that..." in Are We Merging With Our...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

The Complexity Conundrum
Resolving the black hole firewall paradox—by calculating what a real astronaut would compute at the black hole's edge.

Quantum Dream Time
Defining a ‘quantum clock’ and a 'quantum ruler' could help those attempting to unify physics—and solve the mystery of vanishing time.

Our Place in the Multiverse
Calculating the odds that intelligent observers arise in parallel universes—and working out what they might see.

Sounding the Drums to Listen for Gravity’s Effect on Quantum Phenomena
A bench-top experiment could test the notion that gravity breaks delicate quantum superpositions.

Watching the Observers
Accounting for quantum fuzziness could help us measure space and time—and the cosmos—more accurately.

FQXi BLOGS
December 17, 2017

CATEGORY: Blog [back]
TOPIC: Podcast Up: Interacting Parallel Worlds, Predicting the Future, Symmetrization Postulate & Singing Comets [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

FQXi Administrator Zeeya Merali wrote on Dec. 2, 2014 @ 16:56 GMT
Philae courtesy of ESA
A quick alert that the new podcast is up. Listen to it here.

In this edition we chat to Howard Wiseman, a physicist at the University of Brisbane, in Australia, who has come up with a new theory in which our universe is classical — and one of a multiverse of other classical universes. According to this model, the reason we see spooky quantum effects in this universe is due to the repulsive forces between parallel versions of each particle across the multiverse. In the main podcast, Wiseman talks about how indeterminism, quantum tunnelling, wave-particle duality, and Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle appear to manifest in this universe due to the influence of other worlds. In the extended version of the interview, available on the podcast page, you can also hear about zero-point energy, vacuum energy, the quantisation of energy levels and entanglement.

We’re also running Carinne Pikema’s interview with FQXi grant winner Susanne Still, who talks about redefining life, down to the molecular level, in terms of living matter’s ability to predict the future. For more information read Carinne’s article: “Life’s Quantum Crystal Ball.” Colin Stuart also chats with FQXi grant winner Philip Goyal about the symmetrisation postulate—a founding principle of quantum theory with a dubious derivation that Goyal is now scrutinizing. There’s also an in-depth article about Goyal’s work and its implication for the existence of hypothetical particles known as anyons: “Spt the Difference to Reveal Exotic Particles.”

And we listen to the “song” emanating from the comet visited by the Rosetta mission’s Philae lander (pictured above).

report post as inappropriate

Liza John wrote on Oct. 11, 2017 @ 13:34 GMT
Do parallel universes exist?

I mean with a material science sort of view, are there any "demonstrated" hypotheses of different universes around us?assignment service

Is there another "me" strolling around on some other "planet Earth" on another "Smooth Way" some place?

Is that other me having another life not quite the same as the one I'm having at the present time?

this post has been edited by the author since its original submission

Joe Fisher wrote on Oct. 11, 2017 @ 14:38 GMT
Dear Liza John ,

Only humanly contrived finite misinformation about our universe exists.

My Research has concluded that NATURE must have constructed the simplest visible physical Universe obtainable, because reality existed for millions of years before man appeared on earth and started guessing where earth might have came from. The real Universe must consist of only one single unified visible infinite surface occurring eternally in one single infinite dimension that am always illuminated by infinite non-surface light.

Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, Stephen Hawking and all of the physicists and philosophers who have ever lived have only ever produced utterly complex finite misinformation.

Joe Fisher, ORCID ID 0000-0003-3988-8687. Unaffiliated

flip diving wrote on Oct. 14, 2017 @ 04:48 GMT
Thanks for your sharing. Hope you can contribute more quality posts to this page. Thank you!

flip diving

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.