Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Quantum Antigravity: on 4/17/17 at 23:21pm UTC, wrote EXPERIMENTAL quantum Anti-gravity —...

Akinbo Ojo: on 11/22/14 at 11:42am UTC, wrote Peter, I looked for your paper using the link but finally read it on...

Akinbo Ojo: on 11/21/14 at 19:17pm UTC, wrote Will read and feedback

Peter Jackson: on 11/21/14 at 18:39pm UTC, wrote Akinbo, "If it is elliptical, then there will be headache for QM." Perhaps...

Akinbo Ojo: on 11/21/14 at 9:42am UTC, wrote There is a lovely picture of the hydrogen atom in the 'Spot the Difference...

Steve Agnew: on 11/21/14 at 4:58am UTC, wrote What in the world is going on? Please...give us some red meat, not these...

Michael Mangan: on 11/19/14 at 13:41pm UTC, wrote Hi, Could there be dark energy inside the atom and it seems to me that...

FQXi FORUM
May 28, 2017

ARTICLE: Spot the Difference to Reveal Exotic Particles [back to article]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Michael Mangan wrote on Nov. 19, 2014 @ 13:41 GMT
Hi, Could there be dark energy inside the atom and it seems to me that there is a certain Intelligence in there too.

report post as inappropriate

Steve Agnew wrote on Nov. 21, 2014 @ 04:58 GMT
What in the world is going on? Please...give us some red meat, not these philosophistic sylogistic nothings. We need something real to comment on...

How about a real measurement? Oh, that would be a surprise. How about a real issue? No, that would be way too dramatic.

Look, you can give your money away however you like...and we do not even need to know...but you need to challenge the blog with real issues, not the made up mamby pamby issues of mainstream physics.

If mainstream physics were able to get us out of the deep hole that we are in, then mainstream physics would have done it already.

Akinbo Ojo replied on Nov. 21, 2014 @ 09:42 GMT
There is a lovely picture of the hydrogen atom in the 'Spot the Difference to Reveal Exotic Particles' article here. Looks roundish.

I wonder if the resolution can be clear enough to tell us whether the shape is elliptical with the nucleus at one focus, as it is in the solar system model. If it is elliptical, then there will be headache for QM.

Akinbo

Peter Jackson wrote on Nov. 21, 2014 @ 18:39 GMT
Akinbo,

"If it is elliptical, then there will be headache for QM." Perhaps not necessarily, though maybe for present interpretations.

This, showing classically that QM appears to be all about 3 axis 3D ellipticity, (QM's 'spherical co-ordinates') has been going a little viral on the web archive. I hope you might read it if you haven't yet and report how comprehensible to a non quantum physicist. We've tried to bridge the great divide in the prose.

Quasi-classical Entanglement, Superposition and Bell Inequalities

Many thanks,

Peter

Akinbo Ojo replied on Nov. 21, 2014 @ 19:17 GMT
Will read and feedback

Akinbo Ojo replied on Nov. 22, 2014 @ 11:42 GMT
Peter,

I looked for your paper using the link but finally read it on vixra. I didn't read in detail because 1) I take the subject of QM as far from complete and full of rabbits. 2) I was put off early by a claim you and your co-author made early in the paper which appears untrue.

You said, "The problem for that classical view is this; At the same settings, if Alice has 'up' (so...

view entire post

Quantum Antigravity wrote on Apr. 17, 2017 @ 23:21 GMT
EXPERIMENTAL quantum Anti-gravity — https://quantumantigravity.wordpress.com

I have made a theoretical as well as an empirical scientific discovery

of quantum gravity and quantum antigravity.

Present day quantum gravity theories suffer from

too many mathematical space dimensions, and from

too few conclusive experimental results.

My hypothesis is simple, clear,

and subject to easy empirical verification :

https://quantumantigravity.wordpress.com

Should you have any questions or need clarification,

I am more than happy to answer.

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.