Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Trần Yến: on 10/18/17 at 8:44am UTC, wrote Có thời gian bạn hãy ghé thăm trang chủ tại đây nhé ...

Trần Yến: on 10/18/17 at 8:43am UTC, wrote http://cravimax.com ...

Trần Yến: on 10/18/17 at 8:41am UTC, wrote cravimax giọt hammer of thor thuốc tăng cơ

micheal le: on 8/31/17 at 4:50am UTC, wrote cong ty sieu thi quang minh chuyen cung cap va phan phoi cac dong may diem...

micheal le: on 8/31/17 at 4:48am UTC, wrote Viec su dung cac dong may chieu de phuc vu cho qua trinh giang day va phat...

micheal le: on 8/31/17 at 4:47am UTC, wrote Viec su dung cac dong may chieu de phuc vu cho qua trinh giang day va phat...

micheal le: on 8/31/17 at 4:40am UTC, wrote Viec su dung cac dong may chieu de phuc vu cho qua trinh giang day va phat...

micheal le: on 8/31/17 at 4:37am UTC, wrote De lua chon cho minh nhung luc mat dien co the giai quyet duoc nhung cong...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

John Cox: "Zeeya, It is past time for an overhaul to get some protection against..." in The Sudoku Universe, Why...

Zeeya Merali: "Do we live in a giant Sudoku puzzle? Are real numbers really real? Does..." in The Sudoku Universe, Why...

Georgina Woodward: "Joe, your credo has very limited explanatory power and is therefore of very..." in Quantum Dream Time

Joe Fisher: "Dear Georgina, You wrote: “I agree that there have been surfaces prior..." in Quantum Dream Time

shery williams: "Office Setup is the full suite of Microsoft productivity software that..." in Are We Merging With Our...

shery williams: "McAfee offers world-class security solutions for Windows & Mac OS as well..." in Are We Merging With Our...

Yelena Hopper: "Its a decent approach to present a few thoughts in material science yet you..." in We Are All Connected

Yelena Hopper: "There is an existence in the wake of death. Spirits and souls are genuine...." in Wandering Towards a Goal:...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Quantum Dream Time
Defining a ‘quantum clock’ and a 'quantum ruler' could help those attempting to unify physics—and solve the mystery of vanishing time.

Our Place in the Multiverse
Calculating the odds that intelligent observers arise in parallel universes—and working out what they might see.

Sounding the Drums to Listen for Gravity’s Effect on Quantum Phenomena
A bench-top experiment could test the notion that gravity breaks delicate quantum superpositions.

Watching the Observers
Accounting for quantum fuzziness could help us measure space and time—and the cosmos—more accurately.

Bohemian Reality: Searching for a Quantum Connection to Consciousness
Is there are sweet spot where artificial intelligence systems could have the maximum amount of consciousness while retaining powerful quantum properties?

FQXi FORUM
November 25, 2017

CATEGORY: Show Me the Physics! Video Contest (2014) [back]
TOPIC: Physics Needs A Paradigm Shift by Teresa Mendes [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Teresa Mendes wrote on Aug. 22, 2014 @ 18:23 GMT
Video Image

Video URL

http://youtu.be/LiEAt39tOIY

Video Description

Physics needs a Paradigm Shift. Let´s stop telling students that Local Realism has been experimentally rejected. Let's start a Scientific Revolution !

Video Creator Bio

Teresa Mendes has a mission: To start a Scientific Revolution. The results of this scientific revolution, even if not visible in her life time, could improve her children's quality of life and why not ... that of all other children too. She loves her job.

Teresa Mendes wrote on Aug. 23, 2014 @ 21:53 GMT
In 2012, Scott Aaronson announced "For better or worse, I’m now offering a US$100,000 award for a demonstration, convincing to me, that scalable quantum computing is impossible in the physical world. This award has no time limit other than my death, and is entirely at my discretion (though if you want to convince me, a good approach would be to convince most of the physics community first). "

In his blog we had an discussion on this subject:

The Blog of Scott Aaronson

Teresa Mendes Says:

Comment #154 May 1st, 2012 at 8:47 am

Scott: In the introduction you say: “It’s perfectly conceivable that future developments in physics would conflict with scalable quantum computing, in the same way that relativity conflicts with faster-than-light communication, and the Second Law of Thermodynamics conflicts with perpetuum mobiles. It’s for such a development in physics that I’m offering this prize.”

Does your meaning for “quantum computing”, as used above, require computation beyond the limits of classical computation and, hence, require entanglement, or just computation within the classical limits but using quantum phenomena other than the semiconductor based phenomena already widely used presently and, thus, not require entanglement?

Scott Says:

Comment #155 May 1st, 2012 at 9:17 am

Teresa: It requires computation “beyond the limits of classical computation,” which in turn would indeed almost certainly require entanglement.

So here I am, with this video, trying to convince most of the physics community that, to this moment, no experimental evidence exists to the phenomena called Entanglement, because there is always a local-realistic interpretation for the same phenomena, and no one can in truth reclaim that Local Realism has been rejected.

No Entanglement, no Quantum Computer !

Let's start a Scientific Revolution .

Joy Christian replied on Sep. 26, 2014 @ 17:37 GMT
Hi Teresa,

I have voted for your video entry, and support your plea wholeheartedly. We are indeed on the same side (but, as you say, disagree in some details).

Please do visit my blog sometime to understand my point of view.

Good luck with the contest.

Best,

Joy

Teresa Mendes replied on Sep. 26, 2014 @ 17:58 GMT
I will. Thank you.

Teresa

Alan M. Kadin wrote on Aug. 28, 2014 @ 21:15 GMT
Dr. Mendes:

Your video is simple and elegant. Further, I fully agree with your argument that lack of local realism in orthodox quantum theory represents a red flag that should be repeatedly questioned, rather than taken as quasi-religious dogma to be blindly accepted.

You might be interested in my earlier essays on FQXi:

"The Rise and Fall of Wave-Particle Duality", "Watching the Clock: Quantum Rotation and Relative Time".

Furthermore, I have recently proposed some straightforward experiments that should directly address some issues in superposition and entanglement:

"Is a Single Photon Always Circularly Polarized? A Proposed Experiment using a Superconducting Microcalorimeter Photon Detector".

"Superconducting Quantum Computing Without Entanglement?".

Best wishes for your success in this FQXi contest. Long Live the Scientific Revolution!

Alan Kadin

Princeton Junction, New Jersey USA

Email amkadin@alumni.princeton.edu

Teresa Mendes replied on Aug. 29, 2014 @ 17:24 GMT
Hi Alan,

Thank you for your very nice comment on my video ... simples and elegant, are the most flattering words you could use, to make me feel proud of myself.

I will look at your essays, of course, as you could also have a look at Especial, Bell inequalities under non-ideal conditions

As you say in your article "Rise and Fall ..." : "There is no quantum entanglement between distant quantum states, and no instantaneous action-at-a-distance", there is always a local-realistic explanation to the phenomena like your NQP theory.

Mainstream physicist won't agree with you because they are told that all Local-Realistic theories have been rejected experimentally with the Bell experiments.

The point J.Especial makes is: no, they have not !

This is the first step for the change in Physics.

The second, could be yours: if you do have a LR theory, based on a formalism, can you propose an experiment where your predictions differ from the ortodox quantum theory?

That would be the test to reject, not Local Realism (as Bell Experiments aim to do] , but Quantum Mechanics.

Could this be your "Superconducting Quantum Computing Without Entanglement?". experiment?

When are you planning to do it?

Let's keep talking, ok?

Sincerely

Teresa

Teresa Mendes wrote on Aug. 29, 2014 @ 18:03 GMT
THE THREE THINGS PHYSICISTS SHOULD NOT SAY, COULD PERHAPS SAY, OR CLEARLY EMPHASIZE, TO THEIR STUDENTS

PLEASE DON'T TELL THIS to students and to the whole world, because it is just not proved:

Michio Kaku (2.13)

[transcript from the video] "Albert Einstein hated Quantum entanglement. He called it Spooky Action at a Distance. He couldn’t get his head...

view entire post

Teresa Mendes wrote on Sep. 5, 2014 @ 22:26 GMT
MESSAGE TO (SOME) FQXi MEMBERS:

To Scot Aaronson:

Scott, we already "talked" on the possibility or not of having a scalable quantum computer in the future. To convince you, you defied me to convince the majority of the Physics Community. Here I am, doing my best.

To Gerard T'Hoft

Professor, we had lunch some years ago in Vienna, 2012, during an Emergent Quantum...

view entire post

Matthew Marsden wrote on Sep. 9, 2014 @ 17:34 GMT
Hi Teresa,

Thanks for your comments re voting, (please don't just give mine a "5", but whatever you genuinely think each deserves).

there doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic on this site, so perhaps FQXI could do a bit of internet publicity - contacting science magazine pages etc ?

Also all the participants could send a few group emails, twitter, facebook, msgs to interested friends perhaps?

you are right, though we should be active, I will start looking and voting (honestly) around the videos.

ps : I seriously think seeing how the theory of time may be completely unfounded, and showing how Special relativity probably does not infact prove time, or time dilation, but only rate dilation, may be a very big part of the paradigm shift - a lot of (possibly) wasted thought and effort is going into trying to work out what "time" "is", and yet we don't see any proof of anything other than the fact matter exists and is changing.

all the best,

matt

"Does Time exist? How 'Time travel Paradoxes' can't happen without "the past".

http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/2245

"Time travel, Worm hole, billiard ball' paradox, Timelessly. (re Paul Davies- New scientist article) "

http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/2244

"Time Travel, Timeless Answers to Prof Brian Cox's Science of Dr WHO "

http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/2243

Vad S Bobrovski wrote on Sep. 9, 2014 @ 22:42 GMT
Hi, good act of self-action is our opportunity to set forth.

Best,

Vad

Teresa Mendes replied on Sep. 9, 2014 @ 23:57 GMT
Thank you ... I am doing my best! With all my heart!

ronald peter gruber wrote on Sep. 9, 2014 @ 22:45 GMT
Hi Teresa

Making a plea to change a prevailing theory of physics (whether it is referred to as a revolution of paradigm change) is a reasonable aspiration on your part. Kudos. However, Karl Popper whose picture is in your video would encourage you and all of us to apply the principle of falsifiability to achieve such goals. You or some other physicist will simply need to come up with experimental results that support your theory of choice. If you are correct, it will happen. You won’t need to plead with others to agree with you. They will do it on the basis of the merits of the experiment.

Ron Gruber

Teresa Mendes replied on Sep. 9, 2014 @ 23:56 GMT
Hi Ronald,

Thank you for your comments.

I think we are saying the same thing. A theory, to prevail, needs to be falsifiable. There has to be a test, an experimental test, that allow us to refute it and if refuted, discard it.

That is the case.

Bell experiments are the only experiments that aim the refutation of (all possible) local realistic theory(ies). [They are not...

view entire post

Cristinel Stoica wrote on Sep. 10, 2014 @ 06:19 GMT
Hi Teresa,

I've watched your manifesto for questioning the foundations of quantum mechanics, and for searching a local realistic solution. I can't imagine a principle in physics which we should stop questioning. Principles are universal propositions, and they can be tested only in a finite number of situations, so we should never consider them proven forever, and stop testing them. Especially when they come with trouble.

You commented on my video The puzzle of quantum reality, which contains an interpretation of quantum mechanics that gives, in my opinion, the closest thing to local realism we can get, and in the same time relies entirely on the standard formalism of quantum mechanics. Please watch it, and if you wish, please read my essays Flowing with a Frozen River and The Tao of It and Bit, in which I explain in more details.

Briefly, my view is that any measurement setup in QM has local real solutions. But: #1. The solution can be local, being a solution to Schrodinger's equation, but when we ask it to also be global, in the sense that it has to be extendible to the entire spacetime, the correlations follow. #2. The solution is real at any time, but depends also by the future measurements (contextuality, "delayed initial conditions"). This is better understood in the block world picture given by relativity, and in this case is just a particular case of #1. I tried to explain how this works in my video, and in the above mentioned essays. And in this video.

Best regards,

Cristi

Teresa Mendes replied on Sep. 10, 2014 @ 14:49 GMT
Hi Cristi,

Thank you for your comment (and probably for your vote).

I have a question for you:

You said you have "an interpretation of quantum mechanics that gives, in my opinion, the closest thing to local realism we can get, and in the same time relies entirely on the standard formalism of quantum mechanics." , don't you think that the two phrases are in contradiction?

A new paradigm means, not only a new mindset, but also a new formalism, that of course should be compatible with all previous experimental evidence, and be falsifiable, but also bring something new.

Kuhn pointed out accuracy, consistency, scope, simplicity and fruitfulness as the rational aspects two competing theories would be compared upon.

My question, now: If you agree that "any measurement setup has local real solutions" why do you think you have to restrict yourself to the quantum mechanics formalism?

Can't you begin from scratch and invent a new solution?

(Much more easy to say it than do it, right? hehe. But Go for It, Physicists!! Change the paradigm!)

Best regards

Teresa

Cristinel Stoica replied on Sep. 11, 2014 @ 05:21 GMT
Hi Teresa,

"don't you think that the two phrases are in contradiction?"

No. To see that they are not in contradiction, you can check the links I gave you.

"A new paradigm means, not only a new mindset, but also a new formalism"

Say you have a smartphone, and you can only turn the screen on and off. Hence, you can only see the time displayed on the screen, so you think...

view entire post

Teresa Mendes replied on Sep. 11, 2014 @ 18:38 GMT
Hi Christi

Thank you for answering.

You say: "And there are so many physicists working at local or realistic versions of QM. Your manifesto comes a bit late, because there are already so many trying to do this."

See my point?

So let me rephrase:

What I think the fastest way to promote a paradigm shift in Physics is when scientists (and deciders of research funds ) accept that for the quantum phenomena there is a limit - like in Special Relativity there is a limit, nothing goes faster than the speed of light - and that limit is Local Realism. (and not local or realism)

That is the importance of recognizing, and not teaching the opposite, in what regards the experimental results of Bell tests.

Because local realism has not been rejected, Physicists should FIRST find a solution within that limitation, and not search for that solution all over the place.

Can I ask you something? It makes any sense for you, the claim J.Especial made, that in Bell tests under non-ideal detection, the respective inequalities, all, confused Fair Sampling with Perfect Correlation between Contrafactual Detections?

Looking forward for your answer

Teresa

Joe Fisher wrote on Sep. 10, 2014 @ 13:54 GMT
Dear Teresa,

I have already rated your video. I do not know why each person is not allowed just to vote one star. That would be more fair than the graduated voting that is allowed. In the essay contest, my essay got perfect 10 ratings from a Physics Professor and two Doctorate Degree certificate holders. Yet my essay did not even qualify for the $1,000 consolation prize awarded to non-members for submitting a splendid effort.

Joe Fisher

Teresa Mendes replied on Sep. 10, 2014 @ 15:02 GMT
Hi Joe

As I said to Christi, in the last post: Go for it, Physicists! Change the paradigm!

And you are trying, don't give up!

You have made your point, in this (small) community. We have heard you: "The biggest myth physicists have about their abstract universe is that abstract light has an abstract linear constant speed when it is shot through a vacuum. Real light is the only real stationary substance in the real Universe."

The rating is not over, yet. And, if anybody has listen to me (hehe) soon there will be funding for all local realistic research.

Best regards

Teresa

madeleine richter wrote on Sep. 10, 2014 @ 20:37 GMT
Hi Theresa,

I can feel you try with all your effort to make a change in physics happen - a science you seem to have a lot passion and dedication for. This is admirable and at times when I struggle with animation, illustration, drawing - things I love - I shall be reminded of the way you pursue your goal. I wish I could plug myself into the actual debate you're involved in and contribute more to the discourse you wish to have - but my knowledge is to limited too join the debate on a satisfactory level.

I hope you find the chance to check out our video and tell us what you think. If you could vote for us it would be really appreciated, since as you mentioned earlier, votes count for all of us and we would like to share support and appreciation.

Madeleine

Piezoelectricity: A Love Story

Mark Edward Prince wrote on Sep. 10, 2014 @ 21:50 GMT
Hi Theresa, you have got my vote and l look forward to receiving yours for my video http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/2136 ”convection? heat transfer? Who cares?". Good luck in the competition!!!

Ramona Leigh Taylor wrote on Sep. 10, 2014 @ 22:02 GMT
Nice video. Interesting points!

Jonathan J. Dickau wrote on Sep. 11, 2014 @ 01:38 GMT
I agree with your premise Theresa..

Physics does need a shift, if it is to remain scientific, and maybe it is time for a local realistic revolution. A lot of the luminary figures you have talked about/to in the comments above are seeking for a way to create local realistic theories from which quantum mechanics is emergent. But nobody wants to even try to slay the giant, unless they have a theory in hand, and those who try (like Dr. Christian) get slapped down mighty hard by the QM establishment.

I guess I'm saying there will have to be quite compelling reasons to adopt a new view, before the world-view that embraces non-locality and entanglement can be laid to rest. Good luck in your crusade! You are likely to need it.

All the Best,

Jonathan

Peter Jackson wrote on Sep. 11, 2014 @ 12:56 GMT
Hi Teresa,

Top marks, and Especial's proof isn't the only one. I showed in my essay this year how a real local classical mechanism can produce the effects considered as 'non-local', summarised here; Classical reproduction of quantum correlations.

It's achieved just by changing one fundamental assumption inherited by Bell.I hope you'll read it and comment. I'm quite convinced it will contribute to the long overdue paradigm shift, if entrenched academic inertia will now allow any such shifts at all!

Best of luck

Peter

Teresa Mendes replied on Sep. 11, 2014 @ 17:14 GMT
Hi Peter,

I followed your link and found lots of interesting articles to read.

This one https://www.academia.edu/1917950/SUBJUGATION_OF_SCEPTICISM_I
N_SCIENCE stroke my curiosity: man, you write much better than me ... hehe

I will comment on your Classical Reproduction ...soon, but meanwhile let me try to put my ideas in one sentence.

What I think the fastest way to promote a paradigm shift in Physics is when scientists (and deciders of research funds ) accept that for the quantum phenomena there is a limit - like in Special Relativity there is a limit, the speed of light - and that limit is local realism.

That is the importance of recognizing, and not teaching the opposite, in what regards the experimental results of Bell tests.

Because local realism has not been rejected, Physicists should FIRST find a solution within that limitation, and not search for that solution all over the place.

Don't you think? (Ok. It was 3 sentences.)

Thank you, I think I will need a little bit of luck.

Teresa

Member Marc Séguin wrote on Sep. 11, 2014 @ 20:00 GMT
Teresa,

I watched your video and I want to thank you for bringing to my attention the fact that experiments (like Aspect's) that attempt to disprove the possibility of local realism are subject to loopholes such as Fair Sampling and Measurement Crosstalk. I found J. Especial's paper "Bell inequalities under non-ideal conditions" too technical for me, but I have been "enlightened" on the subject by reading Wikipedia's articles "Loopholes in Bell test experiments", "Local hidden variable theory" and "Superdeterminism".

Of course, the fact that there are loopholes in these experiments do not prove that local realism holds, so entanglement and "spooky action at a distance" are very much still in the running... All we can say with certainty is that the jury is still out... but isn't it always the case in science?! As Cristinel Stoica pointed in his post on your forum, there will always be physicists who try to imagine new theories, and it is a good thing. We know that, at some point, there will have to be some major shift, since General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics are incompatible. As we say in french, "Qui vivra verra!"

I rated your video... and when you come around to rating videos, if you could take a look at my video "Physics Into Darkness", who is one vote short of getting 10 votes, it would be quite appreciated. Here's the direct link:

http://www.fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/2197

Good luck in the contest, and keep thinking outside of the box!

Marc

Adam Katcher wrote on Sep. 11, 2014 @ 22:59 GMT
Hello Teresa,

thanks for commenting on our video. Your video is interesting, but I am puzzled about the claim that the experimental verification that local realism is just lore. Are there other experiments that confirm it?

Also, great soundtrack!

In case you didn't yet, feel free to look up our video, in which we discuss what is quantum gravity, present an existing solution and give examples of applications and future directions:

http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/2221

Don't forget to rate it!

Best,

--Pedro

Teresa Mendes replied on Sep. 16, 2014 @ 18:46 GMT
Hi Pedro (are you portuguese?)

Just saw your video and rated it.

"I am puzzled about the claim that the experimental verification that local realism is just lore. Are there other experiments that confirm it? "

To my knowledge Bell tests are the only experiments that specifically aim to reject Local Realism. There are other theoretical attempts, theorems, but not experimental evidences came out of those theorems.

And do you know what happens when, over and over again, an attempt to reject (a whole category) of theories have been performed and none has successfully achieved it? That means that Local Realism is still a viable alternative to Quantum Mechanics.

And you, students have a choice to pursue the path you feel is correct.

And talking about quantum gravity ... wouldn't it be better to begin with a theory consistent with GR, that is also a local realistic theory?

Will you debate this between you?

I will be here, if you need more information.

Best of luck in the contest.

Teresa

Schatzie Dudee wrote on Sep. 12, 2014 @ 17:58 GMT
Nice video! You're right - quantum physics is counter-intuitive. Great point! Please rate my 2 videos, if you don't mind so that we can also move on to the next level.

Have a great day!

Schatzie Dudee

Michael muteru wrote on Sep. 13, 2014 @ 11:47 GMT
Dear maam

fantastic video very revolutionary.tell them the first man to measure the size of the earth- eratosthenes used a simple stick and shadow it cast on the ground.given a five i too have a simple video of how the universe can be presented on a notebook here- http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/2223,hoope you too take your time to vote for me thanks.

Henri Vonn De Roule wrote on Sep. 14, 2014 @ 22:56 GMT
Dear Dr. Mendes:

Thank you for trying to shake up a science that is still in the late 19th century!!!

Einstein and most other physicists have been looking at the world in macro terms. The question of the existence of time is becoming more mainstream and as we delve into the quantum world we are finding the "spooky action at a distance" to be the norm. When one delves into the quantum world and leaves behind classical physics it is like leaving the English measuring system and accepting the metric system. There are still some holdouts there as well.

We should tell our students that it is up to them to decide whether the information provided is correct, and if they feel it is not, to pursue the path they feel is correct.

Great work!!

Teresa Mendes replied on Sep. 15, 2014 @ 02:15 GMT
Thank you. Thank you.

ronald peter gruber wrote on Sep. 17, 2014 @ 18:37 GMT
the problem is clearly presented

I would have liked to see some proposed solutions

thanks

ron

Teresa Mendes replied on Sep. 18, 2014 @ 03:05 GMT
Hi, Ron

I 'm glad you asked.

If you want to know if I have a new quantum theory local and realistic for quantum phenomena in my hand? I must say I don't.

If you want to know, in my opinion, what is the easier and fastest way to achieve one? That, I can answer.

We are here, today, because of a simple video contest, within one of the most influential physics community...

view entire post

Teresa Mendes wrote on Sep. 24, 2014 @ 12:50 GMT
Dear all FQXi Video contestants

I did something wrong, it seams. I posted my letter to Prof. 'T.Hooft, in (almost) all your forum areas, and that is against FQXi guidelines. Sorry about that. It is the revolutionary fuss ... hehe. I won't do it again. I wish we had a forum for all of us to post and be notified by mail. I also posted in the Discussion Forum "Why Quantum", with the title "Why quantum? Why not Local Realism?" and I got some answers.

Because it was reported as incorrect, all posts were deleted, including the comments. Even the one I wrote here.

The news is: I got an answer from Prof. 'T.Hooft.

Are you interested in following this discussion? I can't publish his comments, without his authorization, of course, but I can post my answers.

Should I post them here? Will anybody see them?

I'm still here, fighting for a scientific revolution, I'm not going anywhere.

Sincerely

Teresa

Jonathan J. Dickau replied on Sep. 26, 2014 @ 00:34 GMT
Yes I'm interested..

In general Teresa, it is OK to reprint comments made by scientists in correspondence, if they are topical (concerning local realism in this case) or general rather than personal in nature - so long as it is cited as coming from personal correspondence and not treated as though it was published work. So stating something like; "in his reply Gerard said..." is usually OK without further permissions - which can be annoying to provide.

For the record; the initial 't' is not capitalized, and when pronounced his name has a leading vowel - so it sounds like ut Hooft, rather than tuh Hooft.

If it seems OK given the above criteria, bring it on, or share a few excerpts you think are worthwhile to repeat.

All the Best,

Jonathan

Jonathan J. Dickau wrote on Sep. 26, 2014 @ 00:38 GMT
I am hoping you will have time to rate and comment on my video..

Can the Mandelbrot Set help us understand the Cosmos?

Regards,

Jonathan

Jonathan J. Dickau replied on Sep. 26, 2014 @ 03:56 GMT
Thanks Teresa,

For the kind remarks left on my comments page.

You would like my companion Music Video:

Mandelbrot Butterfly Safari

All the Best,

Jonathan

Teresa Mendes replied on Sep. 26, 2014 @ 17:20 GMT
Hi Jonathan

I love when people take the time to explain newcomers the "rules". Thank you.

I wish we had a place to "talk", not in "my" forum or "your" forum so that we both could be notified by mail.

So here is my answer to Gerard (hehe) when he said, in a mail to me 23Sept14, "Dear Teresa,

Thank you for your mail. I understand your point but I don't quite agree with...

view entire post

Jonathan J. Dickau replied on Nov. 3, 2014 @ 23:23 GMT
Re: invitation from Foundations of Physics

Since 't Hooft is the head editor, it's probably no coincidence. Better make your case both compelling and air-tight though.

And I see you have come out on top of the public ratings.

Good luck,

Jonathan

Teresa Mendes wrote on Nov. 6, 2014 @ 05:36 GMT
Hi all

Waiting for the results of this FQXI video context, I’m still working on the quest towards a revolutionary phase in the Physics arena based on two fundamental strategies:

- changing the way the physics community think and teach undergraduate students towards the “consensus" that Local Realism has not been experimentally rejected, so both, local realism and quantum...

view entire post

micheal le wrote on Apr. 18, 2017 @ 03:50 GMT
ko Anh muốn mời em tung dạo cho thanh thoả mấy bữa nay hiểu được cao mệt vượt qua Lúc dạ tôi bỗng nhiên hí hửng, nhưng mà vẫn tỏ bày vẻ ko thuoc bo than

Dat Ca wrote on May. 17, 2017 @ 09:42 GMT
Voi nhu cau thiet ke ngoai that ngay cang da dang khi su dung gỗ ngoài trời thi chung ta nen tim hieu tren website cua chung toi. Tai day cac ban se tim hieu duoc nhung san pham san go ngoai troi nao la dat chat luong cung nhu thich hop cho cong trinh cua minh.

Dat Ca wrote on May. 23, 2017 @ 16:04 GMT
Thanks for your sharing.

I also think the same as you, I am now learning about the type of wood flooring wpc and refer to tecwood.com.vn but do not know what their physical components are.

Dat Ca replied on May. 23, 2017 @ 16:08 GMT
website address this here: [url=http://tecwood.com.vn][/url]. If link not auto redirect, please copy and paste on browser.

Bao Thi Yen wrote on May. 30, 2017 @ 08:11 GMT
I like your thinking.

I think that is an condition needed in the current day of we.

With a special building in the building, trying to find the floorboards woods for concrete instead of use same wood will be reduce the bicycles with a national country. See more wood outdoor in here.

Trần Yến Yến wrote on Jun. 7, 2017 @ 03:28 GMT
ghé thăm website cravimax.com

Tại đây bạn có thể xem thêm:

- truyen nguoi lon hay

- anh lon to

Trần Yến Yến replied on Jun. 7, 2017 @ 03:31 GMT
Nhiều thông tin cực hay tại website : cravimax.com

Bạn có thể xem thêm thông tin giải trí tại đây

- truyen nguoi lon hay

- anh lon to

Trần Yến Yến wrote on Jun. 7, 2017 @ 03:34 GMT
http://zex.vn là một trong những website được rất nhiều người quan tâm.

- ảnh lôn không lông

- oral sex cho nàng

Bac si Tinh yeu wrote on Jun. 7, 2017 @ 09:22 GMT
Thank you

if you have time visit to my site http://donghodanielwellington.vn

Bac si Tinh yeu replied on Jun. 7, 2017 @ 09:26 GMT
Bacsitinhyeu.vn nơi cung cấp sản phẩm

gel titan uy tín chất lượng tại Việt Nam

bacsi tinh yeu wrote on Jun. 9, 2017 @ 08:55 GMT
Bạn đang muốn mua titan gel, vào đây để tham khảo nhé : http://bacsitinhyeu.com.vn/duong-vat/gel-titan-chinh-hang-mu
a-o-dau.html

bacsi tinh yeu wrote on Jun. 9, 2017 @ 09:00 GMT
bạn muốn mua titan gel, tham khảo ở đây nhé: titan gel

bacsi tinh yeu wrote on Jun. 9, 2017 @ 09:06 GMT
xem [URL="http://bacsitinhyeu.com.vn/duong-vat/gel-titan-chinh-h
ang-mua-o-dau.html"]titan gel[/URL] chính hãng

bacsi tinh yeu replied on Jul. 29, 2017 @ 03:00 GMT
Xem các kiến thức sinh lý tại

http://bacsitinhyeu.com.vn/t-gian/hinh-anh-duong-vat-dep-va-
chuan-nhat.html

http://bacsitinhyeu.com.vn/t-gian/xem-hinh-an
h-long-mu-nu-dep.html

http://bacsitinhyeu.com.vn/t-gian/cam-g
iac-khi-quan-he.html

a z host wrote on Jun. 12, 2017 @ 03:33 GMT
Hiện nay azhost là địa chỉ hosting chat luong cao gia re nhat tren thi truong

a z host wrote on Jun. 12, 2017 @ 03:36 GMT
High Quality Hosting is a hosting chat luong caoprofessional website hosting service provider with servers located in Vietnam with high speed. RAID 10 storage technology. Hosting quality is always the right solution for businesses wanting to have a website introducing and trading on the Internet in a quality, efficient and cost effective manner.

Trần Nhiên Nhiên wrote on Jun. 14, 2017 @ 08:37 GMT
Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. gel titan

Hamara mile jah wrote on Jun. 15, 2017 @ 09:18 GMT
Thank you for sharing . If you have time please visit my website:

hamara.com.vn

titan gel

upsize

anh khoa than

Hamara mile jah replied on Jun. 15, 2017 @ 09:25 GMT
Thank you for sharing . If you have time please visit my website:

hamara.com.vn

titan gel

upsize

anh khoa than

a z host wrote on Jul. 13, 2017 @ 16:52 GMT
Trong cuộc sống hiện đại, khi khoa học phát triển kéo theo nhu cầu về mọi lĩnh vực đều tăng cao thì những sản phẩm hỗ trợ đời sống phòng the cũng trở thành một trong những mối lợi được nhiều đơn vị kinh doanh quan tâm. Những sản phẩm hỗ trợ sinh lý được sản xuất tràn lan với mẫu mã ngày một phong phú và đa dạng. http://ishop69.com/tu-van/316-tac-dung-cua-nuoc-hoa-kich-duc
-nu.htmlGần đây nhất, cộng đồng mạng được dịp xôn xao về những loại nước hoa kích thích ham muốn cực mạnh khiến chị em chỉ cần ngửi một ít là có thể “sa” vào vòng tay người đàn ông ngay lập tức.

Những câu chuyện về sử dụng các loại nước hoa này để lừa gạt chị em phụ nữ nhẹ dạ cũng được các quý ông lan truyền trên mạng như một bí quyết thể hiện bản chất “Sở Khanh”. Từ những câu chuyện này, các cô gái không khỏi lo lắng, sợ hãi bởi theo các kinh nghiệm mà các anh chàng trên mạng cho biết thì loại nước hoa này sử dụng khá thuận tiện và đễ dàng, chỉ cần ngửi phải là “con mồi” đã “dính” ngay mà không cần phải cầu kỳ.

a z host wrote on Jul. 13, 2017 @ 16:54 GMT
In modern life, as science evolves with the demand for all areas are increasing, the life support products also become one of the interests are many business units concerned. The product support physiological production is rampant with a rich and diverse models. Most recently, the online community has been blown away by the powerful, lustrous fragrances that make it possible for women to sniff a little to fall into the man's arms immediately.

http://ishop69.com/tu-van/316-tac-dung-cua-nuoc-
hoa-kich-duc-nu.html

micheal le wrote on Jul. 18, 2017 @ 03:59 GMT
Ngay nay neu nhu facebook tro nen thong dụng thi viec gai tri khong con gi la kho khan. Nhung no lai co mot truong hop, no se gay lam phien ban voi nhung thong tin khong tot, de tranh lam phien cac ban hoan toan co the xem huong dan chi tiet cach khoa facebook tam thoi tai day http://ihuongdan.vn/cach-khoa-facebook-tam-thoi-hoac-vinh-vi
en-don-gian
chuc cac ban thanh cong

micheal le wrote on Jul. 18, 2017 @ 04:10 GMT
Neu nhu ban khong biet nen lam the nao de co the cai dat win 7 mot cach thanh cong nhat thi cac ban hoan toan co the su dung cach cai win 7 bang usb tien dung de co the cai dat de dang nhat co the nhe

micheal le wrote on Jul. 18, 2017 @ 04:13 GMT
that su voi win 7 luon la mot trong nhung he dieu hanh tot nhat ma toi tung su dung, Neu nhu ban muon phat wifi win 7 thi cung cuc ky de dang chi can thuc hien mot so buoc co ban thi cung da co the phat wifi tren win 7 de dang roi.

a z host wrote on Jul. 29, 2017 @ 05:15 GMT
thuoc kich ducArousalgee perfume is a high quality genuine product of colorless, odorless, stimulant female sex, Arousalgee perfume when the girl is too strict, postnatal feeling - no woman resist power Arousalgee smiles. The woman and girlfriend feel the vaginal discharge is secreted by stimulating the desire for intense sex,nuoc hoa kich duc gia re like a man hungry for physiological needs. Then the woman who sent the scent was the same, helping the pair sublimate naturally, making the woman more bold. Desire to be up and active - Arousalgee helps couples to get along. The lovers are satisfied that females play a key role in this game. Guys will be immensely nuoc hoa kich duc naminterested in Arousalgee.

micheal le wrote on Aug. 10, 2017 @ 13:22 GMT
Xe day hang la mot trong nhung dong thiet bi thiet yeu giup ich cho cong viec van chuyen hang hoa https://quangminh.vn/xe-day-hang-jumbo.html chung toi chuyen cung cap cac dong xe day hang chinh hang gia re nhat thi truong.

nguyen van dai wrote on Aug. 14, 2017 @ 14:53 GMT
Tải idm full crack [url=https://taiidm628buildfullcrack.blogspot.com/]idm 6.28 full crack[/url]

Tìm hiểu [url=http://kansayaku.info/cach-ban-hang-online-tren-faccebo
ok-hieu-qua-nhat-2017/]cách bán hàng online[/url] trên mạng hiệu quả nhất

nguyen van dai wrote on Aug. 14, 2017 @ 14:54 GMT
tai idm 6.28 full crack

nếu bạn muốn tìm hiểu cach ban hang tren mang thì không thể bỏ qua

micheal le wrote on Aug. 18, 2017 @ 01:15 GMT
idm la mot trong nhung phan mem ho tro download cuc ky tien ich hien nay. No la mot trong nhung phan mem tien dung de dang su dung giup nguoi dung co the download va tang toc download bat ky thu gi ma minh muon tai ve. De su dung idm cac ban co the su dung ban idm full crack tren website ihuongdan cung nhu huong dan day du crack nhat

micheal le wrote on Aug. 31, 2017 @ 04:37 GMT
De lua chon cho minh nhung luc mat dien co the giai quyet duoc nhung cong viec can su dung den dien nang thi viec sam cho minh mot chiec may phat dien hoan tona la hop ly. Voi viec sam cho minh nhugn dong may phat dien chung ta co the chu dong trong cong viec tot nhat. De sam cho minh nhung dong may phat dien chinh hang cac ban co the lua chon va xem tai website quangminh.vn/may-phat-dien.html hi vong voi thong tin nay cac ban co the chon cho minh nhugn dong may phat dien phu hop nhat

micheal le wrote on Aug. 31, 2017 @ 04:40 GMT
Viec su dung cac dong may chieu de phuc vu cho qua trinh giang day va phat trien cong viec hoc tap luon la mot trong nhung yeu to can thiet nhat hien nay. De su dung cac dong may chieu tot nhat cac bạn co the lua chon va mua tai website [link=https://quangminh.vn/may-chieu.html]https://quangminh.
vn/may-chieu.html chuc cac ban thanh cong va lma viec hieu qua nhat voi cac dong may chieu hien nay va gia re tai day

micheal le wrote on Aug. 31, 2017 @ 04:47 GMT
Viec su dung cac dong may chieu de phuc vu cho qua trinh giang day va phat trien cong viec hoc tap luon la mot trong nhung yeu to can thiet nhat hien nay. De su dung cac dong may chieu tot nhat cac bạn co the lua chon va mua tai website [link=https://quangminh.vn/may-chieu.html]https://quangminh.

vn/may-chieu.html chuc cac ban thanh cong va lma viec hieu qua nhat voi cac dong may chieu hien nay va gia re tai day

micheal le wrote on Aug. 31, 2017 @ 04:48 GMT
Viec su dung cac dong may chieu de phuc vu cho qua trinh giang day va phat trien cong viec hoc tap luon la mot trong nhung yeu to can thiet nhat hien nay. De su dung cac dong may chieu tot nhat cac bạn co the lua chon va mua tai website https://quangminh.vn/may-chieu.html chuc cac ban thanh cong va lma viec hieu qua nhat voi cac dong may chieu hien nay va gia re tai day

micheal le wrote on Aug. 31, 2017 @ 04:50 GMT
cong ty sieu thi quang minh chuyen cung cap va phan phoi cac dong may diem tien chinh hang gia re uy tin nhat thi truong hien nay. La mot trong nhung dong may dem tien uy tin hien dai nhat gia re nhat. Cac ban neu co su dung cac dong may dem tien hay truy cap vao website tại đây chúc các bạn thành công

Trần Yến Yến wrote on Oct. 18, 2017 @ 08:41 GMT
cravimax

giọt hammer of thor

thuốc tăng cơ

Trần Yến Yến wrote on Oct. 18, 2017 @ 08:43 GMT
http://cravimax.com

http://cravimax.com/t/thuoc-hammer-of-tho
r-gia-bao-nhieu-mua-o-dau

http://cravimax.com/t/su-that-ve-th
uoc-tang-co-giam-mo

Trần Yến Yến wrote on Oct. 18, 2017 @ 08:44 GMT
Có thời gian bạn hãy ghé thăm trang chủ tại đây nhé cravimax

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.