Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Gene Barbee: on 11/20/14 at 17:21pm UTC, wrote Hi Mark, Your interest in how information is stored is also an interest of...

Shad Williams: on 9/1/14 at 16:03pm UTC, wrote I thought string theory incorporated gravity by identifying the graviton as...

amrit: on 8/30/14 at 12:39pm UTC, wrote NASA confirms universe is "flat", it has a shape of Euclidean space, it...

Plato Hagel: on 3/13/14 at 0:18am UTC, wrote Quantum Mechanics and the Geometry of Spacetime

Plato Hagel: on 3/12/14 at 23:48pm UTC, wrote "We’re trying to construct a dictionary," says Van Raamsdonk, that...

Plato Hagel: on 3/12/14 at 23:36pm UTC, wrote Solving quantum field theories via curved spacetimes"Strongly...

Plato Hagel: on 3/12/14 at 23:29pm UTC, wrote I see. Just to note, mobile use for comment registry makes such links...

Fred Diether: on 3/12/14 at 21:10pm UTC, wrote Someone probably deleted your post to try to fix the blog home page since...

FQXi FORUM
September 22, 2017

ARTICLE: The Quantum Dictionary [back to article]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Roger Granet wrote on Mar. 11, 2014 @ 03:33 GMT
I might have missed it, but what is the shape of the universe?

Thanks.

report post as inappropriate

Fred Diether replied on Mar. 12, 2014 @ 20:34 GMT
Post is to fix blog home page.

Fred Diether replied on Mar. 12, 2014 @ 20:34 GMT
One more should do it.

Plato Hagel wrote on Mar. 12, 2014 @ 20:57 GMT
Not sure why post links were eliminated?

Fred Diether replied on Mar. 12, 2014 @ 21:10 GMT
Someone probably deleted your post to try to fix the blog home page since you didn't use the Link Helper. Long links messes up the blog home page.

Plato Hagel replied on Mar. 12, 2014 @ 23:29 GMT
I see.

Just to note, mobile use for comment registry makes such links difficult with out some kind of dashboard with which to do html specifics with comments. Operating from another method, as from computers does make easier this process, but the idea of a dashboard how ever limited to the html that this board has to offer would be appreciated.

attachments: Klebanov_and_Maldacena.jpg

Plato Hagel wrote on Mar. 12, 2014 @ 23:36 GMT
Solving quantum field theories via curved spacetimes"Strongly interacting quantum field theories are notoriously difficult to work with, but new information about some of them is emerging from their surprising correspondence with gravitational theories."

attachments: 1.3074260.online.f1.gif

Plato Hagel wrote on Mar. 12, 2014 @ 23:48 GMT
"We’re trying to construct a dictionary," says Van Raamsdonk, that allows physicists to translate descriptions of our complex universe into simpler terms.

I believe the future of science s going to face some adjustments in terms of we see the relationship of dimension, as having not the context of Abott's relationship of rebels, but more to realize that seeing in abstract spaces, helps to orientate what consciousness is capable of doing. So, if consciousness is able to interpenetrate the materialist versions with which we have come to accept of science then that adjustment will be that consciousness is capable of operating within the materialistic rages of that materialistic operation.

So a the same time we might say linguistically, that English, French, or German might represent an aspect of our ability to see consciousness at work, then it seems to me that, the true language of consciousness has to be ascertained. In this way the computer chip will have to be reconsidered in terms of the quantum domains that we currently assess as a function of quantum mechanics in an uncertain world.

You may say then that fuzzy logic deals with this move toward the qubit, and entanglement ascertains a deeper connection to the information to what resides in the black-hole? Does an internal flow through recognize the ability of entanglement to become ineffective?

Plato Hagel replied on Mar. 13, 2014 @ 00:18 GMT
Quantum Mechanics and the Geometry of Spacetime

attachments: Angels_and_Demons_and_ambigram_and_mc_escher.jpg

amrit wrote on Aug. 30, 2014 @ 12:39 GMT
NASA confirms universe is "flat",

it has a shape of Euclidean space,

it is infinite......

So "big bang" model is not convinient in this picture.

We propose universe in a parmanent dynamic equuilbrum, no begniing , no end.

see file attached.

attachments: Gravity_originates_from_variable_energy_density_of_quantum_vacuum.pdf

Shad Williams wrote on Sep. 1, 2014 @ 16:03 GMT
I thought string theory incorporated gravity by identifying the graviton as a massless messenger particle that is a closed loop string, one of many features that allows it to separate from the brane?

Gene H Barbee wrote on Nov. 20, 2014 @ 17:21 GMT
Hi Mark,

Your interest in how information is stored is also an interest of mine. I wrote a FQXi essay in 2012 on the subject in which I used information theory (Claude Shannon) tools to show that the proton and neutron are manifestations of underlying information laws. I believe this agrees with your work and suggests an information based reality deeper than physical reality. I wonder if you would be so kind to comment on my paper.

attachments: A_top-down_approach_to_fundamental_forces_938.pdf

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.