Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Contests Home

Previous Contests

Wandering Towards a Goal
How can mindless mathematical laws give rise to aims and intention?
December 2, 2016 to March 3, 2017
Contest Partner: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Fnd.
read/discusswinners

Trick or Truth: The Mysterious Connection Between Physics and Mathematics
Contest Partners: Nanotronics Imaging, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, and The John Templeton Foundation
Media Partner: Scientific American

read/discusswinners

How Should Humanity Steer the Future?
January 9, 2014 - August 31, 2014
Contest Partners: Jaan Tallinn, The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, The John Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

It From Bit or Bit From It
March 25 - June 28, 2013
Contest Partners: The Gruber Foundation, J. Templeton Foundation, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Questioning the Foundations
Which of Our Basic Physical Assumptions Are Wrong?
May 24 - August 31, 2012
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation, SubMeta, and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

Is Reality Digital or Analog?
November 2010 - February 2011
Contest Partners: The Peter and Patricia Gruber Foundation and Scientific American
read/discusswinners

What's Ultimately Possible in Physics?
May - October 2009
Contest Partners: Astrid and Bruce McWilliams
read/discusswinners

The Nature of Time
August - December 2008
read/discusswinners

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Jayakar Joseph: on 10/4/12 at 17:05pm UTC, wrote Dear Sergey, I think you are using MathType 6.8 to paste [equation]...

Sergey Fedosin: on 10/4/12 at 7:53am UTC, wrote If you do not understand why your rating dropped down. As I found ratings...

Jayakar Joseph: on 10/2/12 at 19:36pm UTC, wrote Thank you dear Sergey With best regards, Jayakar

Sergey Fedosin: on 10/2/12 at 16:49pm UTC, wrote After studying about 250 essays in this contest, I realize now, how can I...

Jayakar Joseph: on 9/29/12 at 17:37pm UTC, wrote Dear Sergey, Thank you for your suggestion. Compound tetrahedral-brane is...

Sergey Fedosin: on 9/29/12 at 4:21am UTC, wrote Dear Jayakar, At the link...

Jayakar Joseph: on 9/27/12 at 17:20pm UTC, wrote Dear Sergey Fedosin, Thank you for your interest on this essay. I shall...

Sergey Fedosin: on 9/27/12 at 16:04pm UTC, wrote Dear Jayakar, In the Theory of Infinite Nesting of Matter which is the...

RECENT FORUM POSTS

mono joli: "thanks a lot for such a great topic. Scary Maze Games Basketball Legends..." in The Race to Replace the...

Joe Fisher: "Dear Dr. Brendan Foster, Of course: “We Are All Connected .” My..." in We Are All Connected

Caroline v: "Thanks for informing us about FQXi-sponsored workshop which aim was to..." in Schrödinger’s Cat...

Caroline v: "thanks" in Schrödinger’s Cat...

Yelena Hopper: "Training is the way toward encouraging learning, or the procurement of..." in Wandering Towards a Goal:...

Yelena Hopper: "This article is such a pleasant and intriguing one, I'm exceptionally happy..." in We Are All Connected

Yelena Hopper: "Pushing the points of confinement of hypothesis and creative energy in..." in Review of “A Big Bang...

George Manner: "This is very interesting thing to know about Comment on hand" in Multiversal Journeys'...

RECENT ARTICLES
click titles to read articles

Our Place in the Multiverse
Calculating the odds that intelligent observers arise in parallel universes—and working out what they might see.

Sounding the Drums to Listen for Gravity’s Effect on Quantum Phenomena
A bench-top experiment could test the notion that gravity breaks delicate quantum superpositions.

Watching the Observers
Accounting for quantum fuzziness could help us measure space and time—and the cosmos—more accurately.

Bohemian Reality: Searching for a Quantum Connection to Consciousness
Is there are sweet spot where artificial intelligence systems could have the maximum amount of consciousness while retaining powerful quantum properties?

Quantum Replicants: Should future androids dream of quantum sheep?
To build the ultimate artificial mimics of real life systems, we may need to use quantum memory.

FQXi FORUM
October 16, 2017

CATEGORY: Questioning the Foundations Essay Contest (2012) [back]
TOPIC: Is Dimensionality Has a Beginning or in Eternity? by Jayakar Johnson Joseph [refresh]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Author Jayakar Johnson Joseph wrote on Jul. 30, 2012 @ 16:28 GMT
Essay Abstract

In this article, the scenario of dimensionality is claimed as the key foundation of nature to describe matter, space, energy and mass of the universe, in that, we explain that ‘dimensionality’ is not only to describes the dimensions of quantity but also the phenomena by which dimensions emerge, that is not described with our current assumptions. Non-expressiveness of, Quantum universe and Hierarchy of universe fails to describe a segmental universe for adapting the laws of thermodynamics and expresses the inability to unify gravitation with other fundamental interactions, in that, the current scenario of dimensionality on an inflationary universe predicts Gravitational collapse. Thus another scenario of dimensionality by ‘Coherently-cyclic cluster-matter universe model’ is adopted to investigate the foundations of nature in that the, ‘dimensionality’ appears by the eigen-rotations of cluster-matter strings is as three-dimensional tetrahedral-branes; and in this the fundamental matters are considered as string like structures rather than point like particles. Besides, ‘time’ is defined as discrete quantum time in reference with the flow of time that emerges from, eigen-rotations of cluster-matter strings in holarchy, in that Chiral symmetry descriptions is significant. Dark matter and Dark energy in relation with Neutrino, is considered to define a generic wave mechanics from Neutrino oscillation. Consistently, we recommend Parton as a string segment of quark and gluon that emerges new physics in accordance with the search of Higgs boson and evolve new assumptions on the foundations of nature. With these arguments, incompleteness of different cosmological models in reference with the causality of beginning, is explored and concluded that our Basic physical assumptions that are wrong in the foundations of nature is the ‘dimensionality’ and thus, adaptations on the existing scenario of dimensionality, is recommend.

Author Bio

1977: Completion of medical graduation, 1979–1995: Private medical practice and software designing in Healthcare, 1995 onwards: Research in alternative cosmology, 2000: developed a generic methodology, ‘Triplet clustering and computing the Heterogeneous-matters of Universe’, 2006 onwards: Teaching faculty in Medical Radiological Physics, 2009: Completed a course on Diploma in Astronomy and Astrophysics, on 2010 onwards: Published patent applications on ‘Coherently-cyclic Cluster-matter universe model’ and waiting for the granting of patent. Work abstract at, http://www.clustermatteruniverse.net

Download Essay PDF File

Jeff Baugher wrote on Aug. 22, 2012 @ 15:15 GMT
Jayakar,

Much of the terminology I am unfamiliar with, but can you elaborate on what you mean by "cosmic consciousness" within the following paragraph as related to anthropic principles?

"Fine-tuned universe that supports anthropic principle arising from the existence of many undefined dimensionless fundamental physical constants is supportive of variable cosmic potency in locality that describes cosmic consciousness and biophysical determinants that are causal for the biological evolution in locality, in that our assumptions needs adaptations on 'dimensionality' to support the emerging new physics Beyond Standard Model."

report post as inappropriate

Author Jayakar Johnson Joseph wrote on Aug. 23, 2012 @ 19:50 GMT
Dear Jeff Baugher,

Thank you for your interest on this article.

Consciousness of a system is the sense of awareness of its own.

In this context, we may assume that cosmic consciousness is similar to biological consciousness, as the system itself is the universe.

When we define the unit of consciousness, it is the function of information flux for the static information in unit volume.

In accordance with thermodynamics, energy flux is the information flux and entropy is the static information, in that entropy is relativistic in a segmental universe.

As entropy state function in a locality is related with chemical potential and the entropic gravity of that locality, the combination of chemical potential with gravitational potential is defined as the cosmic potential of that location.

Abundance of this cosmic potential in organic materials of the biological system is indicative of the specific biological evolution in locality, by a homeomorphic segmental-fluctuation of the universe.

As consciousness is expressional as a function of, ‘information’, the anthropic principle that describes the physical universe in compatible with ‘conscious life’ of the biological systems, may have some similarities with the description of biological consciousness within the scenario of, ‘cosmic consciousness’, by this paradigm of universe.

With best regards,

Jayakar

Alan Lowey wrote on Aug. 25, 2012 @ 11:54 GMT
Dear Jayakar,

I've read some of your recent posts on others' essay entries and was impressed by the imagery that I received because it seemed similar to my own ideas. I would be grateful if you would read my idea on condensed string-like irregular matter produced at the centre of stars and then distributted to the planets via supernovae. I have linked the problems with Milankovitch Theory Ice Age problms with the gravity problem. It works beautifully imo. Newtons Isotropy and Equivalence Is Simplicity That Has Led to Modern Day Mass Misconceptions of Reality

Best wishes,

Alan

Author Jayakar Johnson Joseph replied on Aug. 25, 2012 @ 16:01 GMT
Dear Alan Lowey,

Thank you for your interest on this essay and some of my posts at other’s essays.

As strings are in continuum, mass is not defined as the number of strings in a volume and it is a quantity of string lengths in that volume.

Orbital eccentricity and axial tilt of earth described in Milankovitch theory indicates the possibility of holarchial clustering of the universe in that the astrodynamics of each planet in the observable orbital are extended in the celestial sphere.

With best regards,

Jayakar

Yuri Danoyan wrote on Sep. 6, 2012 @ 23:39 GMT
Dear Jayakar

I invent notion "tetrahedron logic" and then made conclusion

Read my essay http://fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/1413

Author Jayakar Johnson Joseph replied on Sep. 7, 2012 @ 04:46 GMT
Dear Yuri Danoyan,

Thank you for your interest on this article.

In this paradigm, quantization of universe is expressional by tetrahedral-brane, in that Planck constant to be redefined.

With best regards,

Jayakar

Yuri Danoyan replied on Sep. 9, 2012 @ 19:09 GMT
About tetrahedral logic

http://www.fqxi.org/community/forum/topic/946

Author Jayakar Johnson Joseph replied on Sep. 10, 2012 @ 03:35 GMT
Dear Yuri Danoyan,

3-D Tetrahedral-brane is a geometric object from a primitive of 1-D string between two points, when eigen-rotation of that string is expressional in time.

With best regards,

Jayakar

George Rajna wrote on Sep. 8, 2012 @ 13:47 GMT
Excellent!

Author Jayakar Johnson Joseph replied on Sep. 8, 2012 @ 18:59 GMT
Thanks a lot, dear George.

Jayakar

George Rajna replied on Sep. 8, 2012 @ 19:20 GMT
This is my community rating on your essay.

Author Jayakar Johnson Joseph replied on Sep. 8, 2012 @ 19:33 GMT
Oh!, Thank you

Thomas Wagner wrote on Sep. 11, 2012 @ 19:57 GMT
Jayakar

After reading you essay I am quite delighted you chose to post a comment on my essay. I am not nearly sufficiently conversant with string theory to offer a meaningful comment but I do have a couple of ideas about music and quantum mechanics.

It is sometimes said that when you study quantum mechanics you are studying music. Music theory can be difficult to study as in order to understand any of it you have to understand all of it. I wrote a series of papers titled Structural Resonance in which I defined the mathematics of music. I am surprised that many have difficulty understanding these papers as I feel they are quite simple.

The mathematics of harmonic structure and the mathematics of timbre are identical. Newton's thoughts about light suggest that the frequencies of light might also conform to these principles. I wonder if the frequencies of the vibrating strings of string theory do as well.

The vibrational structure that create music are non-linear and thus it is likely that all vibration is as well but the mathematics we use is linear. Because it deals with continuity and the resulting infinities I feel that the math we use hides the very structures of vibration and if string theory is correct vibration is the source of everything.

Einstein said this in 1954

I consider it quite possible that physics cannot be based

on the field concept, i.e., on continuous structures.

In that case, nothing remains of my entire castle in the air,

gravitation theory included, [and of] the rest of modern physics.

This could turn put to be the most significant thing he ever said.

Author Jayakar Johnson Joseph wrote on Sep. 12, 2012 @ 14:39 GMT
Dear Thomas Wagner,

Thank you for your interest on this essay.

Classical string theory differs from the string mechanics described in this paradigm, in that the classical string theory is assigned to describe the oscillation of particles, whereas the oscillation of a defined length of matter as string has the probability of constructive interference with the strings of matters in isotropic oscillations and repetitive.

With best regards,

Jayakar

M. V. Vasilyeva wrote on Sep. 13, 2012 @ 20:34 GMT
Dear Jayakar,

I replied in my own thread, not realizing that it should have been in yours. Here it comes:

your essay was somewhat difficult for me to read, but I agree with your main point that "our inadequate perceptions of 'dimensionality'" hinders the progress in our understanding of the universe. Multidimensional string theorists notwithstanding, most of us need to start somewhere in accepting the fact that space has more dimensions than the directly observable 3. For the benefit of an average layman I show how an addition of only one spatial dimension dispels paradoxes and reveals a coherent scheme of the world, in which we can fit our own experience.

I believe that once we figure out the question of what is space, we could move on to more difficult and at the same time more pertinent questions of what is information and consciousness. Ancient teachings defined the universe as "the play of mind in emptiness". Translated into modern terms, it means "interaction of information with spacetime".

The concept of holarchy was new to me and I thank you for introducing me to it!

Author Jayakar Johnson Joseph replied on Sep. 14, 2012 @ 02:22 GMT
Dear Vasilyeva,

Scenario of dimensionality that emerges in dynamics differs in this paradigm as matters are defined as 1-D string continuum rather than discrete 0-D particles.

With best regards,

Jayakar

Yuri Danoyan wrote on Sep. 15, 2012 @ 19:45 GMT
To my opinion interesting for you

http://upcommons.upc.edu/revistes/bitstream/2099/1195/1/s
t10-04-a1-ocr.pdf

Author Jayakar Johnson Joseph replied on Sep. 16, 2012 @ 15:46 GMT
Dear Yuri Danoyan,

Crystallography and profound study on the properties of various crystals, is required to validate many of the postulations of this paradigm after integrating the string scenario in particle physics.

With best regards,

Jayakar

Hoang cao Hai wrote on Sep. 26, 2012 @ 08:19 GMT
Dear 3J

Very interesting to see your essay.

Perhaps all of us are convinced that: the choice of yourself is right!That of course is reasonable.

So may be we should work together to let's the consider clearly defined for the basis foundations theoretical as the most challenging with intellectual of all of us.

Why we do not try to start with a real challenge is very close and are the focus of interest of the human science: it is a matter of mass and grain Higg boson of the standard model.

Knowledge and belief reasoning of you will to express an opinion on this matter:

You have think that: the Mass is the expression of the impact force to material (definition from the ABSOLUTE theory of me) - so no impact force, we do not feel the Higg boson - similar to the case of no weight outside the Earth's atmosphere.

Does there need to be a particle with mass for everything have volume? If so, then why the mass of everything change when moving from the Earth to the Moon? Higg boson is lighter by the Moon's gravity is weaker than of Earth?

The LHC particle accelerator used to "Smashed" until "Ejected" Higg boson, but why only when the "Smashed" can see it,and when off then not see it ?

Can be "locked" Higg particles? so when "released" if we do not force to it by any the Force, how to know that it is "out" or not?

You are should be boldly to give a definition of weight that you think is right for us to enjoy, or oppose my opinion.

Because in the process of research, the value of "failure" or "success" is the similar with science. The purpose of a correct theory be must is without any a wrong point ?

Glad to see from you comments soon,because still have too many of the same problems.

Kind Regards !

Hải.Caohoàng of THE INCORRECT ASSUMPTIONS AND A CORRECT THEORY

August 23, 2012 - 11:51 GMT on this essay contest.

Author Jayakar Johnson Joseph replied on Sep. 26, 2012 @ 21:55 GMT
Dear Hoang Cao Hai,

Thanking you for your interest on this essay and seeking cooperation to work together.

As per this paradigm the mass of an object is the total length of all strings in that object, whereas its density is the quantity of strings per volume, that is the mass per volume.

As the universe is expressional in continuum, the weight of an object is the net gravitational pull by the strings that connects that object with another object that has greatest mass than that object and other relativistic objects.

As Standard Model does not include gravity, finding of many exotic Higgs bosons is conclusive of proceeding with BSM; whereas our interest on particle physics experimentations is to work on Parton model for having adaptations on that model to confirm the string nature of fundamental matters as per this noninflationary scenario of universe without any origin of mass.

In respect to your essay, I shall go through it and make my statement soon.

With best regards,

Jayakar

Sergey G Fedosin wrote on Sep. 27, 2012 @ 16:04 GMT
Dear Jayakar,

In the Theory of Infinite Nesting of Matter which is the subject of my essay is Scale dimension . May be it will useful for your `dimensionality`.

Sergey Fedosin

Author Jayakar Johnson Joseph replied on Sep. 27, 2012 @ 17:20 GMT
Dear Sergey Fedosin,

I shall go through your essay and make my statement at the earliest.

With best regards,

Jayakar

Sergey G Fedosin wrote on Sep. 29, 2012 @ 04:21 GMT
Dear Jayakar,

At the link http://www.clustermatteruniverse.net/description/hierarchy I found the geometrical picture of Universe hierarchy in the form of a cluster-matter of embedded holarchial clusters of randomly distributed heterogeneous-matters in triplets. And the minimal clustering algorithm applied on this model has been derived from a previous work on Quantum clustering and computing of information. I suppose you must now to connect your model to the real Universe hierarchy and compare them in details.

Sergey Fedosin

Author Jayakar Johnson Joseph replied on Sep. 29, 2012 @ 17:37 GMT
Dear Sergey,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Compound tetrahedral-brane is the geometric representation for the coherent dynamics of the strings of a Cluster-matter holon, in that the tetrahedral-branes are the topological transformation of eigen-rotational phases of string-matter segments.

I think the three components of SP-Phi symmetry that represents transformation of speeds, transformation of scales and the transformation of masses; may be in analogue with the angular velocity of an eigen-rotational string, path-length variability of its peripheral-end and its string-length variability, as they have correlations in finite time. Thus I imagine that the homeomorphism expressional with a compound tetrahedral-brane of cluster-matter holon is descriptive with SP-Phi symmetry, with some adaptations.

With best regards,

Jayakar

Sergey G Fedosin wrote on Oct. 2, 2012 @ 16:49 GMT
After studying about 250 essays in this contest, I realize now, how can I assess the level of each submitted work. Accordingly, I rated some essays, including yours.

Cood luck.

Sergey Fedosin

Author Jayakar Johnson Joseph replied on Oct. 2, 2012 @ 19:36 GMT
Thank you dear Sergey

With best regards,

Jayakar

Sergey G Fedosin wrote on Oct. 4, 2012 @ 07:53 GMT
If you do not understand why your rating dropped down. As I found ratings in the contest are calculated in the next way. Suppose your rating is
and
was the quantity of people which gave you ratings. Then you have
of points. After it anyone give you
of points so you have
of points and
is the common quantity of the people which gave you ratings. At the same time you will have
of points. From here, if you want to be R2 > R1 there must be:
or
or
In other words if you want to increase rating of anyone you must give him more points
then the participant`s rating
was at the moment you rated him. From here it is seen that in the contest are special rules for ratings. And from here there are misunderstanding of some participants what is happened with their ratings. Moreover since community ratings are hided some participants do not sure how increase ratings of others and gives them maximum 10 points. But in the case the scale from 1 to 10 of points do not work, and some essays are overestimated and some essays are drop down. In my opinion it is a bad problem with this Contest rating process. I hope the FQXI community will change the rating process.

Sergey Fedosin

Author Jayakar Johnson Joseph replied on Oct. 4, 2012 @ 17:05 GMT
Dear Sergey,

I think you are using MathType 6.8 to paste
am I right?

With best wishes

Jayakar

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.