Search FQXi

If you are aware of an interesting new academic paper (that has been published in a peer-reviewed journal or has appeared on the arXiv), a conference talk (at an official professional scientific meeting), an external blog post (by a professional scientist) or a news item (in the mainstream news media), which you think might make an interesting topic for an FQXi blog post, then please contact us at forums@fqxi.org with a link to the original source and a sentence about why you think that the work is worthy of discussion. Please note that we receive many such suggestions and while we endeavour to respond to them, we may not be able to reply to all suggestions.

Please also note that we do not accept unsolicited posts and we cannot review, or open new threads for, unsolicited articles or papers. Requests to review or post such materials will not be answered. If you have your own novel physics theory or model, which you would like to post for further discussion among then FQXi community, then please add them directly to the "Alternative Models of Reality" thread, or to the "Alternative Models of Cosmology" thread. Thank you.

Forum Home
Introduction
Terms of Use

Order posts by:
 chronological order
 most recent first

Posts by the author are highlighted in orange; posts by FQXi Members are highlighted in blue.

By using the FQXi Forum, you acknowledge reading and agree to abide by the Terms of Use

RSS feed | RSS help
RECENT POSTS IN THIS TOPIC

Anonymous: on 11/8/13 at 23:52pm UTC, wrote Baggott[Farewell to Reality: How Fairy-Tale Physics Has Betrayed The Search...

Osvaldo Domann: on 12/23/12 at 12:51pm UTC, wrote The methodology of today's theoretical physics consists in introducing...

Michael Haddid: on 11/12/12 at 13:05pm UTC, wrote Very recently there have been unexpected advances in understanding dark...

Cindy Allison: on 5/12/12 at 7:20am UTC, wrote I agree what you said. Nice article keep sharing with us. back pillows

Steve Dufourny: on 2/28/12 at 12:31pm UTC, wrote Hi Edwin, I beleive that no. The multiverse is too much subjective. I...

Edwin Klingman: on 2/17/12 at 7:51am UTC, wrote Karl. "If the multiverse is the only game in town, then we desperately...

Steve Dufourny: on 2/15/12 at 23:04pm UTC, wrote Hi Lawrence the maverick, I recognize your maths :) Very creative in all...

Lawrence B. Crowell: on 2/15/12 at 19:27pm UTC, wrote Bousso mentions the decay of the vacuum as needed to prevent Boltzmann...

FQXi FORUM
August 20, 2017

ARTICLE: Video Article: The Patchwork Multiverse [back to article]
Bookmark and Share
Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Karl Coryat wrote on Feb. 12, 2012 @ 22:45 GMT
If the multiverse is the only game in town, then we desperately need a new game.

report post as inappropriate

Steve Dufourny replied on Feb. 13, 2012 @ 13:19 GMT
hi Karl,lol of course the new game is the Spherization's Theory and its uniqueness.

ONE UNIVERSAL SPHERE ......

Edwin Eugene Klingman replied on Feb. 17, 2012 @ 07:51 GMT
Karl.

"If the multiverse is the only game in town, then we desperately need a new game."

Best one-line summary I've seen.

Edwin Eugene Klingman

Steve Dufourny replied on Feb. 28, 2012 @ 12:31 GMT
Hi Edwin,

I beleive that no. The multiverse is too much subjective. I agree that the creativity is essential but we must be rational and deterministic.

The superimposings are not a play of irrationalities but a real research of truths and their laws.

The road and roads are always rational at alls scales and for all superimposings respecting this said dterministic ratiobnality and correlated proportions. The Universe and the multiverse are the same in their generality in fact.We have our limits and walls like we have our young equations.We need to accept these rationalities towards the walls, after all it is so important. I don't see the necessity to invent false or bizare symmetries, or exotic particules without respect of laws, or an ocean of subjective extrapolations and interpolations. When we derivate or when we integrate or when we relativate, we respect these said universal limits and walls. The physicality is specific and precise in its laws and dynamics of rotations of spherical volumes. The uniqueness serie possesses a precise number and a precise entanglement, so we calculate these series in the total respect of the general laws. With the torch of objectivity like the chief orchestra. I like the creativity Edwin, but the rationality is the rationality.An unique universe is a foundamental at my humble opinion.

Best Regards

Lawrence B. Crowell wrote on Feb. 15, 2012 @ 19:27 GMT
Bousso mentions the decay of the vacuum as needed to prevent Boltzmann brains in the distant future. If the universe were to reach a final state as a deSitter vacuum this eternal state would permit Boltzmann brains. The small cosmological constant Λ = 10^{-123} would permit statistical fluctuations as a finite (though very small temperature) to give rise to any configuration, including a...

view entire post

Steve Dufourny replied on Feb. 15, 2012 @ 23:04 GMT
Hi Lawrence the maverick,

I recognize your maths :)

Very creative in all case Lawrence.the fluctuations show the dance of polarizations between m and hv....

Regards

Cindy Allison wrote on May. 12, 2012 @ 07:20 GMT
I agree what you said. Nice article keep sharing with us.

back pillows

Michael Haddid wrote on Nov. 12, 2012 @ 13:05 GMT
Very recently there have been unexpected advances in understanding dark energy. In fact if the claim of the Egyptian Scientist M. S. El Naschie is correct, then there is no more a mystery regarding dark energy. El Naschie’s solution is disarmingly simple and was presented at two conferences which were almost entirely devoted to his work. The first was held in Bibliotheca Alexandrina early...

view entire post

Osvaldo Domann wrote on Dec. 23, 2012 @ 12:51 GMT
The methodology of today's theoretical physics consists in introducing first all known forces by separate definitions independent of their origin, arriving to quantum mechanics after postulating the particle's wave, and is then followed by attempts to infer interaction laws for particles and fields postulating the invariance of the wave equation under conveniently constructed gauge transformations. To get the postulated invariance, the wave equations are finally adapted through the addition of so called minimal substitutions.

A methodology 180 degrees different followed by the author defines first fundamental particles that are emitted and absorbed continuously by subatomic particles such as the electrons and positrons, and that have longitudinal and transversal angular momentum. Subsequently the interaction laws between angular momentum of fundamental particles are postulated in that way, that makes possible the deduction of all physical basic laws (Coulomb, Ampere, Lorentz, Maxwell, gravitation, bending of particles and interference of photons, Bragg, Laue, Schroedinger, Stern-Gerlach, Special Relativity). This procedure guaranties that the postulated interaction laws are accurate and that the approach is in accordance with experimental data.

The model can be read under Emission and Regeneration Unified Field Theory

Anonymous wrote on Nov. 8, 2013 @ 23:52 GMT
Baggott[Farewell to Reality: How Fairy-Tale Physics Has Betrayed The Search For Scientific Truth] and even more spot-on Unzicker-Jones[Bankrupting Physics: How Top Scientists Are Gambling Away Their Credibility] critiques shame physics’ shameless rock-star media-hype P.R. spin-doctoring veracity-abandoning touting sci-fi “show-biz” trending viral exacerbated by online social networks...

view entire post

Login or create account to post reply or comment.

Please enter your e-mail address:
Note: Joining the FQXi mailing list does not give you a login account or constitute membership in the organization.